Certified In "Avedro Collagen Cross-Linking, Restor Lens, Tecnis Multifocal, Toric Lenses, Crystalens, Verisyse Phakic IOL, STAAR Visian ICL, INTACS for Myopia and Keratoconus, Alphacor Keratoprosthesis, Boston KPro, IntraLase Femtosecond Laser, Visx Laster and Customvue Wavefront Platform, Allegretto Wavelight Laser, Allegretto Wavelight Laser, Hansatome Microkeratome, Amadeus Microkeratome, Botox, Dysport, Restylane and Juvederm Aesthetics.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1998
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1998
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking and Lecture -
- Selected to Present at the New York Academy of Medicine- Opthalmology Section "Resident's Night"
- Best Paper of the Session, ASCRS
- Dean's List
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Macular Degeneration
- Corneal Ulcer
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Brookdale Univ Hosp Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers of New York Flushing, NY
- Cataract, cornea, keratoconus, glaucoma, dry eye
- The Brookdale University and Medical Center Brooklyn, NY
- University of California, San Diego
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery, AECOS, Cornea Society, New York State Ophthalmological Society, Contact Lens Association of Opthamologists, American Medical Association, Medical Society of the State of New York, American College of Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- "The Effect of Hinge Position on Corneal Sensation and Dry Eye Signs and Symptoms"
- "Improved Technique For Temporary Tarsorrhaphy with a New Cyanocrylate Gel"
- "Traumatic Tattooing of the Ocular Surface and Skin" Journal of the Cataract and Refractive Surgery"
- "The Effect of Hinge Width on Corneal Sensation and Dry Eye Following LASIK"
What do you attribute your success to?
- Honesty and Hard Work
- Dr Michael Ehrenhaus, MD and his partner Ms. Maribel Gonzalez go to the Dominican Republic three to four times a year to perform eye examinations and advanced eye surgery, including corneal transplants, for minimal to no cost to the patients. Dr Mike and Maribel usually plan 5-7 days for each charity mission trip, and while there, perform dozens of surgeries and examinations for the local Dominican population. The patients that are examined and undergo surgery are all examined based on their need and also on their ability or inability to pay for healthcare. The surgeries and examinations are all performed at Clinica Corominas in Santiago with the help of Sebastian Guzman, MD. All of the surgeries and procedures that are performed utilize the latest technology and techniques that are available anywhere in the world.Now, the team of Mike and Maribel (M&M) have joined their forces to create the Fundacion de La Tierra. The purpose of the Fundacion is to strengthen the original goal of helping those less fortunate in the Dominican Republic gain access to eye care and eye surgeries, education, basic food provisions, and more. It will also aim to help those less fortunate elsewhere in the Caribbean, to have access to proper eyecare and eye surgeries.
Teaching and speaking
May 11, 1997“What is Spontaneous CSF Rhinorrhea?”. Har-El G, Ehrenhaus M, Sperling N, Lucente F. Presented by Gadi Har-El, at the American Rhinologic Society Annual Meeting in Scottsdale, AZ.
December 2, 1998“Complications of Laparoscopy”. Michael Ehrenhaus. Presented at OB/GYN Grand Rounds, Brookdale Hospital, Brooklyn, NY
April 28, 2001 “The Effect of Hinge Position on Corneal Sensation Following LASIK”. Donnenfeld ED, Solomon K, Perry H, Doshi S, Ehrenhaus M, Kanellopoulos AJ. Presented by Eric Donnenfeld at ASCRS 2001.
June 16, 2001“Comparison of Nasal and Superior Hinge Position: Effect on Corneal Sensation and Dry Eye Syndrome”. Doshi S, Donnenfeld E, Solomon K, Perry H, Ehrenhaus M. Presented by Sima Doshi at ESCRS 2001.
November 13, 2001 “Increased Reduction of IOP Using Fixed Combination Dorzolamide-Timolol Therapy (Cosopt) versus the Concomitant Drugs”, Ehrenhaus M, Berke S, Sturm R, Caronia R. Poster #213 at AAO 2001.
November 14, 2001 “The Effect of Hinge Position on Corneal Sensation Following LASIK”. Donnenfeld E, Solomon K, Perry H, Doshi S, Ehrenhaus M, Biser S. Presented by Eric Donnenfeld at AAO 2001.
May 5, 2002 “The Effect of Hinge Width on Dry Eye Following LASIK”. Donnenfeld E, Perry H, Doshi S, Ehrenhaus M. Poster # at ARVO 2002.
June 2, 2002 “The Effect of Hinge Width on Corneal Sensation and Dry Eye After LASIK”, Donnenfeld E, Solomon K, Perry H, Doshi S, Ehrenhaus M, Biser S. Presented by Eric Donnenfeld at ASCRS.
June 17, 2002“Healthcare Workers and Refractive Surgery: The Hidden Danger”. Ehrenhaus MP, Donnenfeld ED. Presented by Michael Ehrenhaus at the New York Academy of Medicine - Ophthalmology Section, “Resident’s Night”.
October 20, 2002“Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infectious Keratitis Following Refractive Surgery”. Solomon R, Donnenfeld E, Ehrenhaus M, Perry H, Biser S, Rubinfeld R. Presented , OMIG meeting Subspecialty day AAO 2002 by Renee Solomon.
June 21, 2004“Uhh …. is that Normal? Extraordinary Cornea Cases from a Busy Residency Program”. Ehrenhaus MP. Presented at the New York Academy of Medicine – Ophthalmology Section, “Resident’s night”.
December 16, 2004“Bridging the Gap between Cornea and Refractive Surgery: Intacs for Ectasia”. Guest Speaker lecture given at Yale Ophthalmology Grand Rounds.
March 10, 2005“Bridging the Gap between Cornea and Refractive Surgery: Intacs for Ectasia”. Guest Speaker lecture given at UPMC Ophthalmology Grand Rounds.
April 15, 2005“Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Infectious Keratitis Following Refractive Surgery”. Presented at the Fifth World Cornea Congress, Washington DC, by Michael Ehrenhaus.
April 17, 2005“LASEK after INTACS: A Successful Case Series”, Michael Ehrenhaus, Bryan Tan, Mario Lovaton, Roxana Ursea, David Schanzlin. Presented by M Ehrenhaus at ASCRS 2005
June 5, 2005“Healthcare Workers and Refractive Surgery: The Hidden Danger of Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus”. Presented at the UCSD Shiley Eye Center Resident, Fellow and Alumni Weekend.
October 15, 2005“The “Pita-Pocket” Intrastromal Lamellar Keratoplasty”, Tan B, Ehrenhaus M , Lovaton M, Ursea R, Schanzlin, D. Presented by B Tan at pre-AAO Refractive session, “5 most innovative papers session”.
October 16, 2005“My Experience with the BD Beaver Safety Blades”. Presented during the AAO 2005 at the BD speaker booth.
January 26, 2006“Bridging the Gap between Cornea and Refractive Surgery: Reconstructing the Ectatic Cornea”. Given at the Brooklyn Ophthalmological Society, Current Concepts in Ophthalmology, winter meeting.
January 18, 2007“Update 2007: The latest in Cornea and Refractive Surgery”, at the Brooklyn Ophthalmological Society, Current Concepts in Ophthalmology, winter meeting.
February 22, 2007“Ophthalmology update for Primary Care”, invited guest lecturer at Long Island College Hospital, Department of Medicine, Grand Rounds.
August, 2007“Ophthalmology update for Primary Care”, invited guest lecturer at SUNY Downstate, Department of Medicine, Grand Rounds.
September, 2007“Update 2007: The latest in Cornea and Refractive Surgery”, at the SUNY Optometry Dinner Rounds meeting
September 24, 2007“Update on Corneal and Refractive Surgery: The Visian ICL, INTACS and Keratoconus”, ARBO approved lecture given at Blue Water Grill, NY
October 11, 2007“Update: Cornea and Refractive Surgery 2007”, Ophthalmology Dinner Grand Rounds, SVCMC
January 11, 2008“DSAEK: The latest techniques and advances”, at the Brooklyn Ophthalmological Society/SUNY Downstate, Current Concepts in Ophthalmology, winter meeting in Atlantic City.
February 5, 2008“Update: Cornea and Refractive Surgery 2008”, Ophthalmology Grand Rounds, Winthrop University Hospital
June 23, 2008“Update: Cornea and Refractive Surgery 2008”, Ophthalmology Grand Rounds, Montefiore University Hospital
September, 2008“Update on Corneal and Refractive Surgery and the Dry Eye”, ARBO approved lecture given at Jofe Eye Center, Brooklyn, NY
February 26, 2009“Ophthalmology update for Primary Care”, invited guest lecturer at LICH, Department of Family Medicine, Grand Rounds.
April 6, 2009“Corneal and Anterior Segment Disasters: Bringing them Back from the Precipice”, course director at ASCRS 2009
October 25, 2009“Corneal and Anterior Segment Disasters: Bringing them Back from the Precipice”, session moderator at AAO 2009
August 8, 2010COPE Lecture Series; Keratoconus & Allergies
January 19, 2012COPE Lecture Series: Allergies & Corneal Cornucopia
February 21, 2012COPE Lecture Series: Dry Eye & Corneal Cornucopia
June 27, 2013“Faco entre Amigos”; Phaco/cataract lecture to Dominican Ophthalmologic Society
June 28, 2013“DSAEK Curso”; DSAEK instruction course to Dominican Ophthalmologic Society
April 19, 2015Endoserter DSAEK Wetlab & Instruction. OSI Booth. ASCRS 2015
April 19, 2015“Transepithelial Cornea CXL for Keratoconus: Results of our first 30 cases”. ASCRS San Diego. 2015. Paper # 15282.
Hobbies / Sports
- University Hospital of Brookly; Mount Sinai Health System-NYEE
Dr. Michael Phillip Ehrenhaus M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael Phillip Ehrenhaus M.D. | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael Phillip Ehrenhaus M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ehrenhaus
- Jo ann
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- Everything You Need to Know About Glaucoma
What is Glaucoma?Glaucoma is a medical condition that affects the eyes. It is characterized by high pressure in the eyes, leading to damages on the optic nerve, which can eventually impair your vision.Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness worldwide. It can affect both men and women at...
- Rosacea: What is Light Therapy and Why is it Used?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that mainly affects women past their 30s. According to the National Rosacea Society, approximately 16 million people in the US alone are affected with rosacea. It is a very common problem, especially among fair-skinned people. Rosacea causes redness over your...
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- How to Prepare for Cataract Surgery
The normal process of aging is the leading cause of cataracts. The eye’s lens slowly loses its clarity and gets cloudy as we age. As a result, the quality of vision decreases. Cataract surgery is recommended when your life’s quality starts to suffer.It is important to know how to prepare...
- Dr. Tod Haller MD30-74 36th St Queens New York 11103
- Julia P. Shulman20 East 9th Street New York New York 10003
- thomas aiello95 westfield avenue clark NJ 07066
- Dr. Kurt Jackson M.D.216 Engle Street Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Mrs. Ilona Genis MD3039 Ocean Pkwy Brooklyn New York 11235
- Dr. Jacqueline Dauhajre MD140 East 80th Street New York New York 10075