Hany Samir, MD is a seasoned Anesthesiologist with nearly 20 years of experience. Dr. Samir practices at the Texas Medical Center and holds special privileges at the Houston Methodist Hospital and the Methodist Sugar Land Hospital. He has expertise in critical care, pain control and is Board Certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Samir maintains membership in the American Society of Anesthesiology, Society of Critical Care Medicine as well as the American Board of Anesthesiology. He completed his medical degree from Cairo University and residencies in critical care, internal medicine and obstetrics in addition to a fellowship at New York University and Methodist Diagnostic Hospital.
Education and Training
The American Board of Anesthesiology- Anesthesiology
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Critical Care Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor - Baylor College of Cornell University -
- Assistant Professor of CV Anesthesia - Cornell University -
- (Internal Medicine, Obstetrics, Critical Care)
- New York University, Methodist Diagnostic Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Board of Anesthesiology, American Society of Anesthesiology, Society of Critical Care Medicine
Articles and Publications
- Yes, Journals and Chapters
What do you attribute your success to?
- His Passion For The Medical Field, Research, Education and Making A Difference In The Field.
Hobbies / Sports
- Soccer, Swimming, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- All major medical publications, research
- Houston Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Dr. Hany Samir M.D.'s Practice location
HOUSTON, TX 77057Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Hany Samir M.D. | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Hany Samir M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Calorie Rule for Dieting Is Misleading
The 3,500 calorie rule of dieters states that since there are 3,500 calories in one pound of fat, eating 500 fewer calories per day helps to lose one pound in a week. Researchers do not accept this rule, as it does not account for the reduction in the metabolic rate, loss of muscle mass, and other...
- What Is Squamous Cell Carcinoma?
Squamous cell carcinoma is a kind of small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) that constitutes nearly 20 percent of all lung cancers. As the name indicates, the small-cell lung cancers form a smaller variety of lung cells that line surfaces and cavities, and are normally located in the central airways...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Yusuf Mosuro MDPO Box 38042 Houston Texas 77238
- Dr. Javier D. Lasala M.D.1515 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Sherif Zaafran1500 City West Blvd Houston TX 77042
- Dr. Brett H. Warfield M.D.6340 North Eldridge Pkwy Houston Texas 77041
- Dr. Peter H. Norman M.D.1515 Holcombe Blvd. Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Julian Martinez-Tica MD301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555