Husain Abbas, MD, FACS, FSAMBS is a Foregut, Oncology and Bariatric Surgeon practicing at First Coastal Surgical Associates. Exercising his expertise in minimall invasive bariatrics, Dr. Abbas strives to treat his patients through surgical procedures. He specializes in general surgery, surgical oncology, bariatric surgery and laparoscopic surgery. Dr. Abbas is a graduate of the Royal College of Surgeons and Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery. Dr. Abbas is also a published author of peer-reviewed articles.
Education and Training
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
American Board of Surgery- Surgery; Board Certified Surgeon in Ireland
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking- Weight Loss Treatment -
- New England Medical Society 1st Prize Winner, 2009
- St Marys Hospital, Yale University
- University of Florida Gainesville (Minimally Invasive Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Articles and Publications
- Yes, 13 Peer Revised Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Caring For Patients and His Experience In Complex Surgeries
Hobbies / Sports
- Golf, Vacationing Around The World
- Orange Park Medical Center
- Memorial Hospital Jacksonville
- St Vincents Hospital
Dr. Husain Abbas MD's Practice location
Jacksonville, Florida 32216Get Direction
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32216Get Direction
Waterbury, CT 06706Get Direction
Gainesville, FL 32610Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Husain Abbas MD | Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Husain Abbas MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Abbas
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- What Tests Determine Pancreatic Cancer?
Pancreatic cancer is a cancer that begins in the pancreas, which is the organ that lies behind the lower part of the stomach. This type of cancer is really difficult to diagnose and it is often detected late. In most cases, by the time this cancer is detected, it has already spread rapidly and thus...
- What is Testicular Cancer: Get the Facts
Testicular cancer is a malignancy that affects the testes, which are the sex glands in men that are responsible for secreting the male sex hormone testosterone and for producing sperm cells that fertilize female eggs to kick start a pregnancy.Prevalence of testicular cancerIn the United States,...
- Melanoma: Get the Facts
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that develops in the melanocytes, which are the cells that determine your skin color because of the melanin pigment. Melanoma has the ability to develop in various parts of the body including the eyes, nails, mouth, as well as some internal organs such as the...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- Dr. Laila Samiian M.D.655 W 8th St Jacksonville FL 32209
- Mohamed Alassas7751 Baymeadow Road East Jacksonville Florida 32256
- Dr. Christopher Mario Pezzi MD1245 Highland Ave Abington PA 19001
- Dr. William E Sumner MD, FACS2 Shircliff Way Jacksonville FL 32204
- Dr. Sanjay Bagaria MD4500 San Pablo Rd S Jacksonville FL 32224
- Dr. David Scott Lind MD1120 15th St Augusta GA 30912