Metropolitan Psychological Services, PLLC is a high-quality mental healthcare practice that provides psychotherapy to individuals and couples living and working in the DC area. Our office is conveniently located 2 blocks from the Court House metro station in Arlington, Virginia and our clinicians offer flexible appointment times to meet the needs of busy client schedules.
Treatment specialties include: anxiety, worry, sadness, depression, relationship difficulties (including infidelity, dissatisfaction, and loss of passion), anger management, perfectionism, sexual identity questions or challenges, grief, loss, post-traumatic stress and adjustment challenges.
Education and Training
Doctor of Psychology- Post Doc Training in Maryland
American School of Professional Psychology Psy-D
University of Colorado- Masters
Indiana University BA 0
American Board of Professional Psychology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking- Some Teaching -
- Dean's List
- Patient Choice Award2016Open Care
- Leading Physician of the World2015LPW
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Parents & Friends of Lesbians & Gays (PFLAG)
Dr. Dana R. Lipsky PSY.D.'s Practice location
Arlington, Virginia 22201 Get Direction
Arlington, VA 22203 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Dana R. Lipsky PSY.D. | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Dana R. Lipsky PSY.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Porn-Induced Erectile Dysfunction Is Psychological
It has become a popular myth that watching too much of pornography can cause an erectile dysfunction in men. Many men, who are addicted to porn, are reported to have a porn-induced erectile dysfunction. There are many doctors and reports that explain that this disease is rather psychological in...
- What Conditions Are Treatable with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Behavioral and cognitive therapies are types of psychotherapies that follow scientific principles in assisting individuals how to change their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. They are practical approaches that aim at solving problems.An anxiety disorder may be present in people who experience...
- New Research Shows Many Adults with Autism Are Unemployed
Many families with young adults on the spectrum describe the transition from adolescence to young adulthood as being a lot like learning to fly. Transition into adulthood is a critical period of development and milestones. A healthy transition can set the state for positive outcomes and advantages...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most widely accepted treatments for depression. It is a combination of cognitive therapy and behavioral therapy that are used to modify a person’s thought patterns. The idea behind CBT is that symptoms of depression are caused by a person’s distorted...
- Understanding The Relationship Between Sleep And Depression
What is the link between sleep and depression?A sleep disorders is one of the key signs of clinical depression. While some people suffering from depression sleep too much, others are not able to sleep at all. A sleep disorder does not necessarily cause depression, but the lack of rest and sleep does...
- Leslie K. Dalton 6073 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Maria Del Carmen Puig-Casauranc PHD 3000 Connecticut Ave NW Washington D.C 20008
- Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD 4809 St Elmo Avenue Bethesda MD 20814
- Dr. Katherine Grace MacLean PSYD 1555 Connecticut Avenue NW Washington DC 20036
- Samira Joron-Badr 20509 Morningside Terrace Sterling VA 20165
- Dr. Don A. Miller PHD 316 F Street North East Washington DC 20002