Dr. Barry L. Bakst D.O.
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine) | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation87-B Omega Drive Newark Delaware, 19713
Locations in Wilmington: Foulk Rd. office, and Glasgow office
Dr. Barry L. Bakst D.O.'s Videos
Education and Training
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Philadelphia Coll of Osteo Med, Philadelphia Pa 1982
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 1982
American Osteopathic Board Of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking- Clinical Professor at Temple University -
- Regional Public Speaking -
- National Public Speaking -
- International Public Speaking -
- President of Delaware Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- current President of the American Osteopathic College Of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Back Pain
Professional Society Memberships
- Medical Society of Delaware, American Academy of Pain Management, American Osteopathic Association, American Osteopathic College of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard Work
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Dr. Barry L. Bakst D.O.'s Practice location
Newark, Delaware 19713Get Direction
WILMINGTON, DE 19810Get Direction
Dr. Barry L. Bakst D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bakst
- What Is Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery?
Minimally invasive knee replacement surgery is a term used to describe several procedures and modifications of conventional knee replacement aimed to reduce tissue trauma. Unlike other procedures that involve a deep cut on your knee to expose the joint, the procedure's main goal is to reduce or...
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Why Is the Cause of Multiple Sclerosis Unknown?
It is a challenging experience for a doctor to break the news of the disease to a patient suffering from multiple sclerosis (MS) as the cause of the disease is unknown.Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease where the immune system attacks its tissues. It is a progressive neurological disorder....
- Shin Splints: What Is RICE?
he pain caused by the overuse of the shinbone, which is the large front bone in the lower leg, is known as a shin splint. Shin splints are usually characterized by pain in the inner part of the shin bone or the tibia. Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). This...
- Sprained Ribs: What You Need to Know
The ribs form a cage-like structure that helps protect the heart and lungs against injuries. There are 24 ribs in the human body with 12 ribs on each side. Rib injuries can affect the lungs or heart if treatment is not given in a timely manner. What is a sprained rib?A sprained rib is also called...
- Dr. Kelly M Heath MD501 W 14th St Wilmington DE 19801
- Dr. Frank Bernard Sarlo MD4735 Ogletown-Stanton Rd Newark DE 19713
- Dr. Adam Marc Ginsberg D.O.4745 Ogletown Stanton Rd Newark DE 19713
- Dr. Karin Gravare Silbernagel PHD, PT, ATC053 Mckinley Lab Newark DE 19716
- Dr. Jyothi Chinta MD1 Medical Center Blvd Chester PA 19013
- Dr. Anthony Rowe Cucuzzella MD4735 Ogletown Stanton Rd Newark DE 19713