Dr. Michael Williams is a psychiatrist practicing in Gulfprt, Mississippi. Dr. Williams is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Williams diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Williams may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Williams treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
University of Missouri
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
Areas of expertise and specialization
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard Work and Determination
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- American Psychological Association Journal
Michael E. Williams NP's Practice location
Gulfprt, Mississippi 39501Get Direction
JACKSON, MS 39204Get Direction
Michael E. Williams NP's reviewsWrite Review
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- Do the Symptoms of Autism Differ Between Boys and Girls?
What is Autism?Autism spectrum disorder (ASD, or simply ‘autism’, is a condition characterized by communication challenges, social-interaction difficulties, sensory sensitivities, and restricted or repetitive behavior. Restricted and repetitive behaviors are the most common of these symptoms of...
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Anxiety and Depression
What is autism?Autism or autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a medical condition in which a person has challenges with public behavior, speech, and non-verbal communication. Autism is a life-long developmental disability, and it affects people how people perceive the world and how they interact with...
- What Is Akathisia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a feeling of anxiety or restlessness. Its symptoms tend to overlap with the symptoms of other physical and psychological disorders. The diagnosis depends on a very subjective feeling of restlessness. Hence, recognizing akathisia can be somewhat tricky. Movement...
- Dr. Santrise Goree M.D.2500 N State St Jackson MS 39216
- Dr. William Luther Clayton M.D.400 Veterans Blvd Biloxi MS 39531
- Mrs. Dana Bianca Harbison M.D.1408 44th Ave Gulfport MS 39501
- Dr. Mohammad Khursheed Anwar M.D180 Debuys Road Biloxi MS 39531
- Dr. Brian Doyal Maher MD1600 Broad Ave Gulfport MS 39501
- Dr. Blanche C Juguilon havas MD180b Debuys Rd Biloxi MS 39531