Independent psychotherapy practice with adults, adolescents, preteens, and couples in Marin County, California; Professor at the Wright Institute in Berkeley, California.
Education and Training
University of California
San Francisco State University Educated Psychology- MA
California School of Professional Psychology Clinica Psychologist - PhD
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- 2012 Family Choice Book Award
- 2011 Italian American Psychological Society, Distinguished Italian American Psychologist Award: “Outstanding achievements and distinguished contributions to psychology”
- 2007 San Francisco Psychoanalytic Institute and Society (San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis), Distinguished Service Award
- 2004 The Northern California Psychiatric Society Media Award
- MemberAmerican Psychological Association
- Member APA Practice Organization
- Member National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
Dr. Mary C. Lamia PH.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mary C. Lamia PH.D. | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mary C. Lamia PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Can Robots Help Children with Autism in Ways that Humans Can't?
Kids love robots. They are mesmerized by their ability to be human-like, yet machine-like. Maybe they like them because they are like a toy come to life. They are somehow able to ‘think,’ react and move independently. Without technical knowledge an adult would have, kids are able to imagine them...
- Sigmund Freud
Sigismund Freud, later changed to Sigmund Freud, was born on May 6, 1856. He was an Austrian neurologist and founder of Psychoanalysis; a treatment for psychopathology through communication between the psychoanalyst and patient. The firstborn of 8 children, Freud’s mother interpreted his birth as...
- Bulimia Nervosa: Get the Facts
Bulimia nervosa, commonly called as bulimia, is a serious eating disorder that can have potentially harmful effects. People with bulimia nervosa secretly eat and then purge through an unhealthy way, so they won't put on extra weight.This condition is characterized by repeated episodes of binge...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- What's a Nymphomaniac?
What is Nymphomania?Nymphomania is a mental and emotional condition in women characterized by a sudden increase or extreme frequency of sexual urges or activity. To differentiate this from promiscuity and lust, the condition features a preoccupation with sex-related thoughts, feelings, or even...
- Mr. Ronald M. Ruff PH.D. 909 Hyde Street San Francisco California 94109
- Dr. Stancil Joseph lister Hutchinson PSY.D. 730 Alhambra Blvd. Sacramento CA 95816
- Dr. Alex Wang PH.D. 1100 Sanchez St San Francisco CA 94114
- Dr. Brianna Michelle Paul PH.D. 400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Elke Jahn PH.D. 800 Menlo Ave Menlo Park CA 94025
- Dr. Myriam J Sollman PHD 505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143