Edward J. O?Connell, MD, maintains a position at the Mayo Clinic, where he specializes in allergy and immunology care. Dr. O?Connell is additionally affiliated with St. Mary?s and Methodist Hospital and is based out of Minnesota. He was educated at St. Louis University and continued his studies with a fellowship at the Mayo Clinic. He is a professional member of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, and the Association of American Medical Colleges, which allows him to stay current in his field.
Education and Training
St Louios University
American Board of Allergy and Immunology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local and Regional Lecture and Public Speaking -
- Mayo Clinic
- Completed at Mayo College
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, Association of American Medical Colleges
Articles and Publications
- Editor and Chief- American College of Asthma and Immunology
What do you attribute your success to?
- God, Working Hard, Making A Difference, Research, Education and Technology.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Outdoors, Traveling
Edward O'Connell's Practice location
Rochester, Minnesota 55902Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Edward O'Connell | Allergist and Immunologist | Allergy & Immunology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Edward O'Connell's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Anaphylaxis?
Anaphylaxis refers to a severe allergic response, which can become life threatening if not treated immediately. It is often characterized by swelling, sudden lowering of blood pressure, difficulty breathing, and dilation of blood vessels. In some severe cases, the person may go into a state of...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- Does the Sun Really Help Treat Eczema?
For a long time, it has been part of cultural knowledge that exposure to sunlight can help treat eczema. Now, it is medically agreed that eczema can be treated using UV light. But does this mean that you should go out and get yourself sunburnt?To answer this question, first, you have to consider the...
- Prednisone Side Effects
PrednisonePrednisone is a corticosteroid, which prevents the release of substances in the body that lead to inflammation. It can also suppress the immune system. Prednisone can be used as an immunosuppressant or an anti-inflammatory drug. A number of conditions can be treated with prednisone. They...
- What Is Soy Lecithin: Is It Good for You?
What is soy lecithin?The term "soy lecithin" has been widely used across the market today as a food additive. People are often skeptical of the word “soy” in soy lecithin because of certain allergies associated soy. During the mid-19th century in France and in the year 1846, there was a French...
- What are the Different Types of Inhalers Used to Treat Asthma?
Managing medication and using inhalers have become integral parts of the asthma care routine. An inhaler allows you the freedom of carrying minute doses of medication for use in emergencies wherever you may go. It’s a huge relief knowing that help is immediately at hand in your trouser pocket. Not...
- Dr. Matthew A Rank MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Joseph H Butterfield M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Gerald W Volcheck M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Martha Ferne Hartz M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Ingrid V Neel Other210 9th St SE Rochester MN 55904
- Dr. Martha K Elias MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905