Melody Akhavan, MD, maintains a position at Capital Anesthesia Associates, located in Great Falls, Virginia, where she works as an anesthesiologist. The practice is the nation's largest independent practice of physicians specializing in anesthesiology. She has eight years of experience and her area of expertise is in office-based anesthesia. She completed her medical degree at Stony Brook University Hospital and participated in an internship at Winthrop University Hospital. Dr. Akhavan is a professional member of the Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia, Office Based Anesthesia and the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
Education and Training
MD at Stony Brook University Hospital
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Anesthesia Safety -
- Winthrop University Hospital 2004-2007
Professional Society Memberships
- Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia, Office Based Anesthesia, American Society of Anesthesiologists
What do you attribute your success to?
- Great training, determination and complete support from family and associates- it takes all to give the best care to patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- Spending Time With Children, Travel, Gym
Favorite professional publications
- American Society of Anesthesiologists Journal
- Kaiser Permanente
- Federal Employee Health Benefits (HMO)
- Federal Employee Health Benefits (Medicare Plus)(HMO)
- Kaiser Permanente Added Choice POS
- Kaiser Permanente Flexible Choice
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Plus
- Kaiser Permanente Plan for Individual and Families
- Kaiser Permanente Select Deductible HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Select HAS-Qualified Health Plan
- Kaiser Permanente Select HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Signature Deductible HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Signature HAS-Qualified Health Plan (HMO)
- Kaiser Permanente Signature HMO
Dr. Melody Akhavan M.D.'s Practice location
Great Falls, VA 22066 Get Direction
FALLS CHURCH, VA 22046 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Melody Akhavan M.D. | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Melody Akhavan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Akhavan
Everything was great. Felt quick!
Very happy with the professional service provided.
She was very thorough, kind and punctual.
No pain. Very comfortable. Good.
Very pleasant explained the process and made the effort to provide a relaxing environment.
Excellent job! Friendly and personable!
She is excellent...listens very well to our concerns and issues from prior survives
Mr. Williams received service today and the experience was 9/10. MD Akhavan treated well today.
This is the a repeat visit for a similar surgery and I specifically chose Dr Aryavand and his staff because of the excellent care and medical attention I have always received. I completely trust his medical expertise. The staff are highly qualified and extremely nice. It is always a pleasant and comfortable experience and I would recommend his services and the services of his team. Additionally the speed and follow up service is great. It feels very personalized which is very important to me.
Very pleasant experience! Thank you for taking such good care of me.
She did an amazing job thoroughly explaining everything regarding my concerns with anesthesia. Highly recommend
I like the Dra, she is very professional . The most important is that she speaks my language .Thank you .
Excellent attention . For all the personal. Gracias .
I was concerned about pain and Dr. Akhavan gave me the perfect amount of pain.
She was very informative, careful with medication interaction and supportive with my questions and concerns.
Nice bedside manner. Enjoyed the nap!
Great instructions and care. Thank you.
Great job! Very professional.
Awesome job. Don't remember a thing
- donna marie
She was fine
Was very helpful was. Very nice to be around
- Anara bekishova
Very professional doctor. He did give me same day I called appointment. Thank you so much ,
Dr. Akhavan was very professional, nice, pleasant and patient. Answered all questions.
Explained procedure and it went well
Good work Felt confident
Dr. Akhavan is a really professional kind doctor. I would really recommend her to friends and family
Work is good.
Excellent bedside manor
Very patient and reassuring physician with great bedside manner. Made my anxieties about anesthesia go away. Took very good care of me and I truly had the best sleep of my life!+ Show More
- Can Rosacea Be Linked to Other Conditions?
Rosacea is an inflammatory skin condition that commonly affects females of ages 30 to 50 years old. Its exact cause is not known, but experts say there is a definite involvement with genetic factors due to the fact that rosacea is seen to run in families. Several other researchers have found links...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Mary K. Craddock MEDICAL DOCTOR 5550 Friendship Blvd. Chevy Chase Maryland 20815
- Dr. Monica L. Wallace MD 10810 Connecticut Avenue Kensington MD 20895
- Dr. Martin J. Harssema M.D. 509 N Pitt St Alexandria Virginia 22314
- Dr. Levi Pearson M.D. 1055 Little Patuxent Parkway Columbia Maryland 21044
- Dr. Kumudhini Hendrix MD 3800 Reservoir Road Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20007
- Dr. David L. Chandler D.O. 35 Memorial Drive Pinehurst North Carolina 28374