Alfred Franklin Turner
Radiologist | Body Imaging748 South El Molino Avenue Pasadena California, 91106
Alfred Franklin Turner, MD, FACC, FACR, maintains a position as a radiologist at Arcadia Radiology Medical Group in Arcadia, California. The practice offers a full spectrum of quality imaging services to patients in the San Gabriel Valley. Dr. Turner, with his sixty years of experience, specializes in radiology. He was educated at the University of Western Ontario and continued his studies with an internship at Hamilton General Hospital. In addition, he completed a residency at the Los Angeles Community Hospital. Board certified by the American Board of Radiology, he has published over 100 articles and has been named Top Doc by both Pasadena and LA Magazine.
Education and Training
MD at University of Western Ontario
American Board of Radiology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional and National Lecture and Public Speaking -
- Super Doc for 5 Years
- Top Doc- Pasadena Magazine
- Top Doc- LA Magazine
- Los Angeles Community Hospital- 1962
- Hamilton General Hospital- 1955
Professional Society Memberships
- Western Imaging Center Medical Group
Articles and Publications
- 100 Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Passion for the medical field and love of people, making a difference in the field.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Research, Reading
Favorite professional publications
- All major medical and radiology publications
Alfred Franklin Turner's Practice location
Alfred Franklin Turner's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Noriko Salamon757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095
- Richard A. Reed MEDICAL DOCTOR100 W California Blvd Pasadena CA 91105
- Maurice Hale MD1220 S Central Ave Glendale CA 91204
- Madeleine Fisher MD2125 Linda Flora Dr Los Angeles California 90077
- Suzie C. Bash MD1516 COTNER AVE LOS ANGELES CA 90025
- Daniel Saket MD12401 EAST WASHINGTON BLVD. WHITTIER CA 90602