Dr. Sarah Carreira is a psychiatrist practicing in Cincinnati, Ohio. Dr. Carreira is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Carreira diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Carreira may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Carreira treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
MD at Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking to Medical Students in Training -
- University of Cincinnati
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, The Association of Medicine and Psychiatry
Articles and Publications
- Case Study in Journal of Family Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
- Spending a few years working prior to entering medical school has helped her to connect more with her patients. It helped her to stay grounded and focused on the service she's providing.
Hobbies / Sports
- Dancing, Photography, Family Time
- The Christ Hospital
Dr. Sarah E. Carreira M.D.'s Practice location
SAN DIEGO, CA 92103Get Direction
Cincinnati, OH 45219Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Sarah E. Carreira M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Sarah E. Carreira M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carreira
- What Is ADHD: Get the Facts
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder often referred to as ADHS is a detrimental brain condition characterized by a continuous pattern of impulsivity, inattention or hyperactivity. All these symptoms interrupt the patient’s developmental growth:...
- Reading to Your Children: The Path to Healthy Kids
Storytelling is a vehicle for parents to bond with their children, while instilling values and character traits. Making time for a 15 minute story is a great way to directly connect with your children.Storytelling is a tradition as old as human history. The stories of Aesop may come to mind. The...
- How Common is Binge-Eating Disorder?
Individuals with Binge eating disorder (BED) experience episodes of binge eating or excess eating. They may also skip meals constantly, but they will not purge after binges. Although not always, the condition can eventually cause significant weight gain. Most people with BED try to hide their binge...
- How Are Family Members Affected by Eating Disorders?
People suffering from eating disorders go through intense pain and suffering. But they don’t go through this alone. Family member and friends also go through the pain. It is usually tough on someone to watch a loved one destroy themselves slowly when there is little they can do to help without...
- Is ADHD More Common Among Boys or Girls?
Why are boys diagnosed with ADHD more often?Despite both genders being at equal risk, boys tend to be diagnosed more often because the symptoms they display due to the illness are more obvious and easily spotted. Boys display externalized symptoms, such as running around a little too much or...
- What Is Flakka?
Flakka is now more popular than ever, with stories about its use spreading to national news channels. These stories range from hilarious to frightening, which makes flakka so interesting. There are stories of people running through the streets naked, which are a bit hilarious. However, there are...
- Dr. Paul E. Keck MD4075 Old Western Row Road Mason Ohio 45040
- Mohamed Aziz6402 Thornberry Court Mason Ohio 45040
- Dr. Giuliana Centurion D.O.1549 Reid Ave Cincinnati OH 45224
- Dr. Rodney E. Vivian M.D.8000 5 Mile Rd Cincinnati OH 45230
- Dr. James P Cho M.D.1101 Summit Rd Cincinnati OH 45237
- Dr. Jeffrey R Strawn MD1 Medical Village Dr Ft Mitchell KY 41017