Dr. Arpan Patel is an anesthesiologist practicing in Downers Grove, Illinois. Dr. Patel ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Patel also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
MD at Indiana University School of Medicine
Indiana University School of Medicine—Indianapolis, IN B.S
Northwestern University—Chicago, IL M.D.
The American Board of Anesthesiology
American Board of Preventive Medicine
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Pain Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking Within the Community -
- America's Best Physicans2019National Consumer Advisory Board
- Regenerative Therapy
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- Botox® Injections
- Celiac Plexus Block
- Chemical Neurolysis
- Epidural Steroid Injection
- Epidural Blood Patch
- Epidural Adhesiolysis
- Facet Joint Intraarticular Steroid Injection
- Facet/Medial Branch Block
- Fluoroscopy Guidance
- Ganglion Impar Block
- Hypogastric Plexus Block
- Ilioinguinal/Genitofemoral Nerve Block
- Intercostal Nerve Block
- Joint Injections – Hip, Knee, Shoulder
- Lumbar Sympathetic Block
- Nerve Blocks for Facial Pain
- Occipital Nerve Block
- Paravertebral Nerve Block
- Pars Defect Injection
- Peripheral Nerve Block
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- PRP/Stem Cell Injections
- Radiofrequency Ablation/Neurolysis
- Selective Nerve Root Block
- Spinal Cord/Dorsal Column Stimulation
- Sphenopalatine ganglion block
- Stellate Ganglion Block
- Suprascapular Nerve Block
- Sympathetic Block
- Trigeminal nerve block
- Trigger Point Injections
- Ultrasound Guidance Procedures
- Ketamine Infusion
- BMAC procedures
- Bmac Stem Cells
- Prp (platelet Rich Plasma)
- Board CertifiedAmerican Board of Pain Management
- Northwestern University - Chicago IL Anesthesiology
- Tri-Institute Pain Fellowship—New York, NY Pain Fellowship
- Tri-Institutional Pain Fellowship- New York University Hospital of Cornell and Columbia; Special Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Hospital- 2008
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, International Spine Intervention Society
What do you attribute your success to?
Premier Pain Specialist's philosophy on treating pain at its roots. They take a comprehensive approach with less emphasis on narcotics and emphasis on a variety of modalities to treat their patients. They stay abreast all the newest technologies and research and offer their patients choices and options. He is committed to optimal patient care and improving his patients quality of life to the best of his ability.
Hobbies / Sports
- Mountain Biking, Cooking, Music
- Him and His Partners are the Directors of the Pain Management Center at MacNeal
Dr. Arpan J. Patel M.D.'s Practice location
Downers Grove, Illinois 60515Get Direction
SCHAUMBURG, IL 60173Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Arpan J. Patel M.D. | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Arpan J. Patel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Patel
- What is the Recovery like for Cryotherapy?
Today, many people are using cryotherapy for different reasons including recovery from injury, pain and weight loss. It is still a relatively new technology, but so far there have been very few cases of adverse side-effects after its use.All what you have to do before the session is to dry yourself...
- What Is a Kidney Biopsy?
A kidney biopsy, also called renal biopsy, is a medical procedure which involves taking a sample tissue of the kidney for laboratory analysis. This procedure helps your doctor know the type of disease on your kidney, how severe the disease is and the best treatment option. A kidney biopsy is also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Bernard Wittels M.D., PH.D.355 Ridge Avenue Evanston IL 60202
- Dr. Krishna C Chunduri M.D.7435 W Talcott Ave Chicago IL 60631
- Dr. Agnes M. Flaum M.D.2020 N. Academy Blvd Colorado Springs Co 80909
- Dr. Kenneth Candido MD2160 S First Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Kiran K. Chekka M.D.1365 Wiley Road Schaumburg Illinois 60173
- Dr. Mohammad Ahsan MD880 W Central Rd Arlington Heights IL 60005