Dr. Jamuna Sivakanthan M.D.
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine) | Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation1675 Riggins Road Tallahassee Florida, 32308
Dr. Jamuna Sivakanthan is a physiatrist practicing in Tallahassee, Florida. Dr. Sivakanthan is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Sivakanthan focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Sivakanthan can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
MD at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
Danylo Halytsky Lviv State Med Univ, Lviv, Ukraine 1989
University of Jana Kazimierza Wydzial Lekarski 1989
Naval Academy of Medicine 1989
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local- Taught at University of Pittsburgh -
- Medical School Scholarship
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Spinal Stenosis
- Abnormal Gait
- Saint Francis Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- Florida Medical Association, American Academy of Rehabilitation Medicine, Florida Academy of Pain Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
- She was originally from Sri Lanka and attended medical school in Russia on a medical scholarship. From there, she moved to the United States and with the support of her family, she was able to continue her dream of practicing medicine. It was never easy but it was always worth pursuing her passion with hard work and dedication to the field. She has accomplished much and continues to serve her patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- Music, Swimming, Travel, Running, Basketball
Favorite professional publications
- PM&R Journal, The Journal of the American Medical Association
Dr. Jamuna Sivakanthan M.D.'s Practice location
Tallahassee, Florida 32308Get Direction
SANFORD, FL 32771Get Direction
- What Is a Lower Back Pain with Sciatica?
Lower back pain is a common problem experienced by most people at some point during their lifetime. There are several causes for lower back pain with sciatica, and the intensity of pain can range from dull to quite severe. Men and women are equally affected by this condition. Most cases of back pain...
- The Best Lifestyle Choices for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Positive lifestyle changes can do wonders for rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and the condition's overall outcome. There is significant evidence that lifestyle intervention promotes better prognosis and prolongs the life of patients with the condition. In other words, good lifestyle choices make life...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- 5 Tips for Living with Osteoporosis
5 Tips for Living with OsteoporosisFor some people, an osteoporosis prognosis can appear like a fatal blow to their life. However, things aren’t hopeless as they might seem! Being in a position to adjust to the condition can really be helpful in getting you used to the condition. Osteoporosis...
- Symptoms or Signs of Arthritis
Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to humans. Arthritis can affect people and children of all ages. The pain and stiffness of the joints are serious symptoms indicating that the person may have some serious type of arthritis that needs urgent treatment. If the person delays the visit to...
- What Happens During a Laminectomy?
What is a laminectomy?You may experience back pain that affects your day-to-day activities. Your doctor may recommend that you undergo a surgical procedure called laminectomy.Laminectomy is a surgical operation, in which the lamina is removed. This helps relieve pressure that is exerted on the nerve...
- Dr. Kirk Joseph Mauro MD2648 Centennial Pl Tallahassee FL 32308
- Dr. Rodrigo Abat Agbunag M.D.2811 Industrial Plaza Dr Tallahassee FL 32301
- Ms. Tasha Nicole Trunnell PT900 RIGGINS RD TALLAHASSEE FL 32308