Dr. Abid Malik M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry455 Longwood Avenue Longwood Florida, 32750
Volunteers As Part of the Faculty at both University of Central Florida and University of Florida- Assistant Professor at Psychiatry.
Education and Training
Dow Medical College
Pakistan - MD
Dow Med College University Of Karachi Pakistan MD
Dow Medical College 1995
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psycho Medicine
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Sleep Medicine- Sleep and Addiction Medi
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Psychosomatic Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry -
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Apnea
- Adjustment Disorder
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American Psychological Association, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Florida Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Parental Influence, Guidance, Support, Sacrifice, Good Teachers, Mentors and Colleagues.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family Time and Just Relaxing
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Abid Malik M.D.'s Practice location
Longwood, Florida 32750Get Direction
LONGWOOD, FL 32750Get Direction
Dr. Abid Malik M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Malik
- Bulimia Nervosa: Get the Facts
Bulimia nervosa, commonly called as bulimia, is a serious eating disorder that can have potentially harmful effects. People with bulimia nervosa secretly eat and then purge through an unhealthy way, so they won't put on extra weight.This condition is characterized by repeated episodes of binge...
- The Connection Between Seasonal Affective Disorder and Fibromyalgia
With winter on everyone's doorstep and the snow that comes with it, there are some people who cannot enjoy the winter as much as other people around them.For those who have seasonal affective disorder, they usually do not feel as comfortable as others once the weather changes. Leaves fall, and lands...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- ADHD: How it Impacts the Family
Any negative medical condition suffered by one family member usually carries over to the rest of the family. How an ADHD diagnosis can affect the whole familyOnce a child, teenager, or even an adult, is diagnosed with ADHD, the impact of the diagnosis will be felt by the entire family. Furthermore,...
- What Is Trichotillomania: Causes and Symptoms
IntroductionTrichotillomania is also known as the hair-pulling disorder. It is categorized as a mental disorder, wherein there is an involvement of an irresistible as well as a recurrent urge to pull out the hair from the scalp, eyebrows, and other parts of the body with hair.The urge to pull one's...
- Understanding Psychotherapy
Most of us usually become too overwhelmed when dealing with the issues affecting our lives. Cases of depression, anxiety, and mental disorders are very common today. Others struggle with weight-related issues, addiction, sexuality, relationships, and loss of jobs, among others. All these concerns...
- Luis Olivera-Rodriguez MD, MPH6001 Vineland Road Orlando FL 32819
- Dr. Bhaskar Raju M.D.4106 W. Lake Mary Blvd Lake Mary FL 32746
- Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Singhal M.D.1540 Citrus Medical Court Ocoee FL 34761
- Dr. Talha Ali Siddiqui M.D.260 Lookout Place Maitland FL 32751
- Dr. Rex A Birkmire MD650 S CENTRAL AVE OVIEDO FL 32765
- Dr. Linda Sue Harper M.D.618 E. SOUTH STREET ORLANDO FL 32801