Dr. Micaela Della Torre M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Maternal & Fetal Medicine5758 South Maryland Avenue Chicago Illinois, 60637
Micaela Della Torre, MD, MS, is an OB/GYN physician with 22 years of experience in her field. Dr. Della Torre has expertise in advanced ultrasound and prenatal testing for the diagnosis of fetal anomalies, such as congenital heart disease and spina bifida. She works at the University of Illinois at Chicago where she provides patients with superior care. Dr. Della Torre became a physician upon graduating from the University of Milano-Bicocca in 1993, a public university located in Milan, Italy. She interned at the University of Illinois at Chicago and completed a MFM fellowship and a Master of Science in Clinical and Translational Science at the University of Illinois at Chicago in 2009. She then became board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and also in Maternal and Fetal Medicine. Dr. Torre remains active in the challenging OB/GYN community through her multiple professional society memberships such as the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine. Dr. Della Torre is also an Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology in the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine.
Education and Training
MD at University of Milano-Bicocca
Univ Di Milano- Fac Di Med E Chirurgia- Milano- Italy 1993
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Board Certified in Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Dr. Micaela Della Torre M.D.'s Expert Contributions
No this is no harmful. The amount of radiation used for dental XRay is minimal and is very localized in the mouth are. Micaela Della Torre, MD MS READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local- At The University of Illinois -
- University of Illinois at Chicago
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Traveling, Dancing, Dogs
Favorite professional publications
- Green Journal, White Journal, Gray Journal, Journal of the American Medical Association
Dr. Micaela Della Torre M.D.'s Practice location
SOUTH BEND, IN 46601Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
- 3 Reasons Why You Would Need a Hysterectomy
The uterus or womb, which nurtures and gestates a growing fetus till it becomes mature enough for delivery, can also become the source of life-threatening complications that require surgical intervention. There are at least three prominent reasons why a hysterectomy (uterus removal) might be...
- Symptoms That You Must Be Aware of During Your First Trimester of Pregnancy
There are some warning signs in the first trimester of pregnancy that may require immediate medical attention. Vaginal bleeding with or without painSome spotting may be normal during pregnancy, but it can also be a sign of ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage. The color of the spots may be the clue....
- Can Ovarian Cancer Affect Women of All Ages?
Ovarian cancer is the most common type of cancer (besides breast cancer) among the female population. Sometimes, ovarian cancer comes together with many other diseases, such as endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, irregular periods, and after hormone replacement therapies.This disease is most...
- The Benefits and Risks of an IUD
What is an intrauterine device or IUD?An intrauterine device or IUD is a tiny, T-shaped birth control device. It is basically a plastic device, which is wrapped in copper. It also contains certain hormones. An IUD is inserted into the uterus by a doctor. There is a plastic string tied to the end of...
- Early Signs of Pregnancy You Should Know
Missed PeriodThis is the most obvious indicator that you’re pregnant. Women who have regular menstruation consider this the most important sign of being pregnant.Swollen and tender breastsYour body’s estrogen and progesterone levels are increased because you’re pregnant. The increased levels...
- What’s Next After a Cervical Cancer Treatment
Treatment for cervical cancer may remove or destroy the cancer cells. Thus, treatment can be stressful and exhilarating at the same time. When you finish the treatment, you might be relieved afterwards but it is also hard not to think and worry whether the cancer might come back. The recurrence of...
- Dr. Radha Burtch M.D.1900 W Polk St Chicago IL 60612
- Preeti Jhaveri1300 West Devon Chicago Illinois 60660
- Dr. Deslyn Browne MD1431 N Western Ave Chicago IL 60622
- Dr. Rosalyn Porter M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Kornelia E. Krol MD6438 North Central Avenue Chicago Illinois 60646
- Dr. Eiman H. El-Tag M.D.11330 S HARLEM AVE WORTH IL 60482