Sheela Shah, MD, maintains positions at St. Mary?s Medical Center, Select Specialty Hospital, and Jupiter Medical Center, all located in Florida. Dr. Shah is an internist with over twenty years of experience specializing in geriatrics and women?s health. Educated at Ramaiah Medical College and Bangalore University, Dr. Shah continued her studies with an internship at the University of Connecticut and a residency at the St. Mary?s Medical Center. Board certified in internal medicine, Dr. Shah maintains professional memberships in the Emergency Medical Associates, the Florida Medical Association, the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, the Palm Beach County Medical Society, and the American College of Physicians. In 2006, she earned the Most Friendly and Humanistic Quality Award for her hard work and dedication.
Education and Training
MBBS at M. S. Ramaiah Medical College
MD at Bangalore University
American Board of Internal Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Medicine 2008-2012 -
- Assistant Professor at Florida State University of Medicine 2008-2010 -
- Most Friendly and Humanistic Quality Award- 2006
- Chief of Staff at St. Mary's Medical Center 2012-2014
- University of Connecticut
Professional Society Memberships
- Emergency Medical Associates, Florida Medical Association, American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, Palm Beach County Medical Society, American College of Physicians
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work, passion, loves medicine.
Hobbies / Sports
- Music, Traveling, Watching Basketball
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association
Sheela Shah's Practice location
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33418Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Sheela Shah | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Sheela Shah's reviewsWrite Review
- Polydipsia: What Causes Excessive Thirst?
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is a medical term given for extreme thirstiness. It is said to be one of the initial symptoms of diabetes. Polydipsia is also accompanied by either temporary or constant dryness in the mouth. It is very important to consume adequate amounts of water in a day, so that...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- What Is Dysuria?
Introduction Dysuria is the medical term used to describe painful or difficult urination. The discomfort is usually characterized by a burning sensation. Most individuals who complain of painful or burning urination have a urinary tract infection. There are many health conditions that can cause...
- 5 Treatments for Excessive Sweating
What is excessive sweating?Excessive sweating is also known as hyperhidrosis. Abnormal and excessive sweating is not necessarily related to a rise in body temperature or intensive exercises. In this condition, sweating is so excessive that it tends to soak the clothes of an individual. At times,...
- Can Microchips Administer Medication?
A new idea of having an implantable microchip to deliver drugs on medication may replace daily injections and improve patient compliance in treatments. The new programmable device, discovered by researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), was tested on humans and the results...
- Nail Polish May Contain Toxic Chemicals
According to a California report, some of the polishes and other products used in nail salons contain high levels of toxic chemicals, in spite of label that it is toxic-free. Scientist Valetti Lang, acting manager of the Pollution Prevention Branch of the Department of Toxic Substances Control for...
- Dr. Armando Enrique Marull MD10131 Forest Hills Blvd Wellington Florida 33414
- Dr. Andres E. Canova MD5300 East Avenue West Palm Beach FL 33407
- Dr. Debra Weinstein MD8188 Jog Road Boynton Beach Florida 33472
- Dr. Carole Ann Michelsen MD66 Van Cortlandt Park South Bronx NY 10463
- Dr. Javier Amhed De La Cruz Martiniez M.D.10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414
- Dr. Stephen K. Woyome M.D.9123 N. Military Trail Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410