Dr. Sean Francis is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Louisville, Kentucky. Dr. Francis specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Francis can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Francis can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology-Obstetrics and Gynecology
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
American Board of Obstetrics and Gy
Sean L. Francis's Expert Contributions
This is probably just prilapse of the vaginal wall. A physicians examination is required before making a definitive diagnosis. If this is the case it is OK to have intercourse. Consider that a babies head goes through the vagina during birth. The vagina is quite tough and difficult to damage. I hope this helps READ MORE
The answer is yes. Some studies show that up to 30% of fibroids reoccur after surgery. The best plan is to have the fibroids removed around the time of desired pregnancy. This way if they reoccur, assuming you have had all the children you desire, you can move towards a more definitive treatment without fear of reaccumulation of fibroids or consequences of pregnancy with fibroids. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking and Lecture -
- Named Best Doctors of America
- Lousville Magazine Top Docs
- University of Louisville School of Medicine
- Assistant Professor, Intern Chair, OB/GYN, Women's Health
- Medical College of Georgia- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Case Western Reserve University- Internal Medicine
- Mayo Clinic
Professional Society Memberships
- American Urogynecologic Society, American Medical Association, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, International Urogynecological Association
Articles and Publications
- Articles and Chapters
What do you attribute your success to?
- Patients Instilling Persistence and Constant Family Support.
- University Hospital
- Baptist East
- Norton Hospital
- Norton Suburban
Sean L. Francis's Practice location
Louisville, Kentucky 40223Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Sean L. Francis | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Sean L. Francis's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric surgery, also known as weight loss surgery, is a surgical procedure that treats morbid obesity. Obesity can be a life-threatening condition that may need this type of surgery if lifestyle changes fail to work. Obesity can be potentially life-threatening when:...
- What Causes Ovarian Cysts?
Ovarian cysts are small, fluid-filled sacs that develop in or on the surface of the ovaries. Most of the cysts do not cause any harm to the person, while some may cause pain or bleed. Cysts usually resemble a small bubble with central fluid surrounded by a thin wall. Cysts may develop in women of...
- Breastfeeding Does Not Affect A Mother's Sleep Cycle
According to a new study, mothers who breastfeed sleep the same amount as mothers who feed their babies with infant formula. Women who breastfed their children got as much sleep during the night as women who fed their babies with formula and breastfeeding moms were any more exhausted compared to...
- Is Cervical Cancer a Preventable Disease?
Cervical cancer is probably one of the most common forms of cancer in young women. Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which connects the uterus and the vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while the ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases...
- Natural Compound in Garlic May Help Fight Ovarian Cancer
Dating all the way back to 5000 years ago, garlic has been used in food and as medicine, exhibiting nutritional and medicinal value. In fact, it was the Greek physician Hippocrates, also known as the “Father of Western Medicine”, who recommended the use of garlic for a variety of conditions and...
- How Sex Ed Can Prevent Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) that affects people as young as 12. It is a common disease that is mostly transmitted through sexual intercourse, although other forms of direct contact can also lead to transmission. Despite genital herpes being common, more than half of...
- Dr. Aaron D Stewart M.D.4130 Dutchmans Ln Louisville KY 40207
- Dr. Danielle M Mann D.O.4901 W 79th St Burbank IL 60459
- Dr. Peter S Uzelac M.D.401 E Chestnut St Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. James M Link M.D.3940 Dupont Cir Louisville KY 40207
- Dr. Marilyn M Mahan M.D.1919 State St New Albany IN 47150
- Dr. Steven T. Nakajima M.D.401 E Chestnut St Louisville KY 40202