Dr. Jim Bengtson is a cardiologist practicing in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Dr. Bengtson specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Bengtson also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
MD at George Washington University
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine- Cardiovascular Diseases
American Board of Internal Medicine- Interventional Cardiology
Jim Bengtson's Expert Contributions
I recommend that your friend get an echocardiogram. That will determine the cause of the heart murmur, severity, etc. READ MORE
1. If the pain is severe, and the person looks uncomfortable, call 911 2. If you have chewable aspirin, have the person chew 81 mg x 4 3. Obviously, if the person is driving, have them pull over immediately READ MORE
This diagnosis should be confirmed with an echocardiogram. A chest X-ray is not a very reliable way to evaluate heart size. As for surgery being unavoidable,that would depend on multiple factors: severity of symptoms, response to medical therapy, etc. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Duke University
Articles and Publications
- Chapters and Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work
Jim Bengtson's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Jim Bengtson | Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Jim Bengtson's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- Treatment Options for Lupus
Lupus does not have a complete cure; however, the symptoms can be managed. With thorough treatment, life expectancy of the patient can be increased to the fullest. Early diagnosis and treatment of lupus is important for preventing permanent damage to one's organs.Your doctor may begin your treatment...
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- What to Know Before Taking Triamterene-Hydrochlorothiazide
What is triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide?Triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide is a water pill or diuretic used for the treatment of edema (fluid retention) and high blood pressure. This medication is usually prescribed to patients who have low amounts of potassium in the body or individuals who are at an...
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- Peter Andrew Mccullough MD, MPH47601 Grand River Ave Novi MI 48374
- Todd M Koelling MD400 East Eisenhower Pkwy Ann Arbor MI 48108
- Syamasundera Zampani MD5325 Elliott Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197
- Stanley J Chetcuti MD1500 E Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Steven Girard MD5325 Elliott Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197
- Elizabeth J Pielsticker MD5325 Elliott Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197