Dr. Jim Bengtson is a cardiologist practicing in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Dr. Bengtson specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Bengtson also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
MD at George Washington University
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine- Cardiovascular Diseases
American Board of Internal Medicine- Interventional Cardiology
Jim Bengtson's Expert Contributions
1. If the pain is severe, and the person looks uncomfortable, call 911 2. If you have chewable aspirin, have the person chew 81 mg x 4 3. Obviously, if the person is driving, have them pull over immediately READ MORE
This diagnosis should be confirmed with an echocardiogram. A chest X-ray is not a very reliable way to evaluate heart size. As for surgery being unavoidable,that would depend on multiple factors: severity of symptoms, response to medical therapy, etc. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Duke University
Articles and Publications
- Chapters and Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work
Jim Bengtson's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Jim Bengtson | Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Jim Bengtson's reviewsWrite Review
- Breathlessness: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction An unpleasant sensation of rapid breathing or difficulty breathing is known as breathlessness. People sometimes complain of feeling winded, puffed, or out of breath. Medically, it is called as dyspnea. Breathing may hurt and the person may feel tightness in the chest. It is normal to...
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- Congestive Cardiac Failure: What is Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT)?
Do you want to know what Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT) is? Do you know exactly how your heart functions? It works in a rhythm. It beats 60 to 100 times per minute, and when it beats, it pumps oxygenated blood to your whole body. When the heart relaxes immediately after each beat, impure...
- Lupus: What is it?
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune condition that causes damage to all parts of the body including the skin, joints, and internal organs....
- Alternative Treatments for Congestive Heart Failure
Congestive heart failure is a serious heart condition where the heart cannot pump the required amount of blood needed for the body’s circulatory system. Prevention is the most important step for congestive heart failure, and this can be achieved through a healthy diet and lifestyle. If the usual...
- Dr. Peter Andrew Mccullough MD, MPH47601 Grand River Ave Novi MI 48374
- Dr. Stanley J Chetcuti MD1500 E Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Syamasundera Zampani MD5325 Elliott Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197
- Dr. Todd M Koelling MD400 East Eisenhower Pkwy Ann Arbor MI 48108
- Dr. Eric R Bates MD24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr Ann Arbor MI 48105
- Dr. Steven Girard MD5325 Elliott Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197