Dr. Dawn Brown is a psychiatrist practicing in The Woodlands, Texas. Dr. Brown is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Brown diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Brown may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Brown treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
MD at Saint Louis University School of Medicine
Saint Louis University School of Medicine 2006
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Board Certified in ADHD
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine- 2009
- Baylor College of Medicine- 2011
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, ADD Coach Academy- ADHD, Houston Medical Group, American Psychiatric Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Patient care, listening to patient's needs, having patients live a healthier life.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Football Games, Bowling, Singing in a Choir
Favorite professional publications
- All major psychiatric publications and research
Dr. Dawn K. Brown M.D.'s Practice location
The Woodlands, Texas 77380Get Direction
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Dawn K. Brown M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Dawn K. Brown M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brown
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Coping with Geriatric Depression
Geriatric depression is a mental and emotional disorder that affects seniors. Every stage of life has its own set of challenges and aging is no exception. In fact, significant major changes surface and occur later life, such as the death of a loved one, retirement, medical problems, and increased...
- Binge Eating Disorder: Get the Facts
Individuals suffering from binge eating disorder (B.E.D) often eat excessively. They are not able to control the intake of food when the binges kick in. People with this disorder are distinct from bulimia and anorexia victims in that the former don’t vomit, eat little quantities of particular...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and More
Social Anxiety Disorder, also known as social phobia, is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person feels excessively fearful of social situations. A person suffering from this disorder lack social skills and has trouble meeting new people, talking to people, and attending social gatherings. They...
- Dr. Efrain Bleiberg M.D.2211 Norfolk St. Houston TX 77098
- Dr. Daniela M. White M.D.820 Gessner Rd Houston TX 77024
- Dr. Vanessa K. Moore MD1506 Fm 2854 Rd Conroe TX 77304
- Dr. Gary E Miller M. D.530 Wells Fargo Dr Houston TX 77090
- Dr. Rakesh J. Desai M.D.820 Gessner Rd Houston TX 77024
- Dr. Janet Hickey MD2801 Gessner Dr Houston TX 77080