Dr. Dawn Brown is a psychiatrist practicing in The Woodlands, Texas. Dr. Brown is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Brown diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Brown may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Brown treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
MD at Saint Louis University School of Medicine
Saint Louis University School of Medicine 2006
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Board Certified in ADHD
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine- 2009
- Baylor College of Medicine- 2011
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, ADD Coach Academy- ADHD, Houston Medical Group, American Psychiatric Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Patient care, listening to patient's needs, having patients live a healthier life.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Football Games, Bowling, Singing in a Choir
Favorite professional publications
- All major psychiatric publications and research
Dr. Dawn K. Brown M.D.'s Practice location
The Woodlands, Texas 77380Get Direction
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Dawn K. Brown M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Dawn K. Brown M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brown
- Depression Leads to Non-Adherence of COPD Medication
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a progressive disease, which currently does not have a cure yet, as modern medicine has not found a way to reverse the damage done to the airways and lungs. For this reason, there is a slow and long-term development of debilitating symptoms. The...
- Why Do Hallucinations Happen?
IntroductionHallucinations are sensations that people perceive as real, but in reality, are only created by their mind. A person's five senses are often affected. Examples are hearing voices without anyone around or seeing images that are not real. Such symptoms are may due to mental illnesses, drug...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- What is Autistic Disorder
Autistic disorder is defined as the most severe type of autistic spectrum disorder (ASD). It is also called classic autism or Kanner’s Syndrome. This developmental disorder is characterized by challenges with communication, social interaction, and behavior. Autistic people often avoid interaction...
- What Is Valproic Acid?
Generic Name: Valproic AcidBrand Name: Valproate Sodium, Depacon, Depakene, StavzorIntroductionValproic acid is an anticonvulsant that works by restoring or increasing the level of certain chemicals in the brain. This medication can be used alone or in combination with other types of seizure...
- The Side Effects of Xanax
What Is Xanax?The generic name for Xanax is alprazolam and this is a benzodiazepine. Xanax was first introduced in 1976. This drug has an impact on the unbalanced chemicals in the brain of people who have anxiety. It is therefore prescribed for treating mental health problems which are linked with...
- Dr. Daniela M. White M.D.820 Gessner Rd Houston TX 77024
- Dr. Efrain Bleiberg M.D.2801 Gessner Dr Houston TX 77080
- Dr. Vanessa K. Moore MD83 N Creekmist Pl Conroe Texas 77385
- Dr. Rakesh J. Desai M.D.820 Gessner Rd Houston TX 77024
- Dr. Gary E Miller M. D.530 Wells Fargo Dr Houston TX 77090
- Dr. Paul Alan Looney M.D.26203 Oak Ridge Dr Spring TX 77380