Julie H. Rowe, MD, maintains a position at the UT Health Science Center at Houston, a comprehensive academic health center composed of six schools and a leader in the fields of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing, and public health. Dr. Rowe is an oncologist with over two years of experience and is additionally affiliated with the Memorial Hermann Hospital. After earning her medical degree at the University of Texas at San Antonio, he completed an internship and residency from the University of Illinois. Dr. Rowe was fellowship trained in medical oncology and hematology at the University of Texas at San Antonio and has earned certifications from the American Board of Internal Medicine in hematology and medical oncology. In order to stay current in her field, she is a professional member of the American College of Physicians, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Society of Hematology, and the Harris County Medical Society
Education and Training
MD at University of Texas at San Antonio
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine- Hematology
American Board of Internal Medicine- Medical Oncology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local- Lots of Teaching -
- University of Illinois Affiliated Hospitals 2007
- University of Illinois at Chicago Affiliated Hospitals 2010
- University of Illinois
- University of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio 2013
- University of Illinois
- Medical Oncology and Hematology at University of Texas at San Antonio
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Physicians, American Society of Clinical Oncology, The American Society of Hematology, Harris County Medical Society
Articles and Publications
- Published Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Good mentors, teachers and support.
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Yoga, Running
Dr. Julie H. Rowe M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, Texas 77030Get Direction
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Julie H. Rowe M.D. | Oncologist | Medical Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Julie H. Rowe M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rowe
- Is a Mastectomy an Efficient Option to Treat Breast Cancer?
A mastectomy refers to the surgery performed to remove the breasts, either completely or partially. This was one of the traditional methods in the treatment of breast cancer for a long time. It is also used as a method to reduce the chances of developing breast cancer for women who have a high risk...
- Breast Cancer: How a Makeover Can Lift Spirits
Appearances aren’t everything, but everyone treats their personal appearance with some degree of importance. It isn’t a matter of vanity; appearance is important for a sense of wellbeing. Whether it’s going out in public, feeling confident at work, attracting a partner, or simply feeling good...
- What Specialists Treat Testicular Cancer?
The type of cancer that affected the male sex organs, particularly the male gonads called the testes, was regarded as an incurable condition back in the 70s. Since then, advanced diagnostic tools, exceptional treatment methods, and refined therapies have elevated testicular cancer to the status of a...
- Is Recovery from Stage IV Ovarian Cancer Possible?
Ovarian cancer is a struggle many people have faced, whether you are the one who has it, you know someone who has it, or you already kicked its butt. Cancer is not only a tough situation for the diagnosed, but it is often painful for the family and friends of the afflicted. The way one deals with...
- Chemotherapy for Cervical Cancer
What is chemotherapy?Chemotherapy is a form of cancer treatment that uses medicine to kill the cancer cells. The cancer cells are being damaged and killed so that they will not be able to reproduce and spread. It is usually used if there is a risk that cancer will spread or when it has already...
- Can Ovarian Cancer Affect Women of All Ages?
Ovarian cancer is the most common type of cancer (besides breast cancer) among the female population. Sometimes, ovarian cancer comes together with many other diseases, such as endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, irregular periods, and after hormone replacement therapies.This disease is most...
- Dr. Khaled W. Jabboury MD12121 Richmond Avenue Houston Texas 77082
- Asha Murthy5315 Fenwick Way Court Sugarland Texas 77479
- Dr. Harry R. Price M. D.2130 W Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Jacqueline S. Hart5301 Braeburn Drive Bellaire Texas 77401
- Rafael Polanco Ferrer2239 Woodland Springs Houston Texas 77077
- Dr. Windy Dean-Colomb M.D.1515 Holcombe Blvd Unit 10 Houston TX 77030