I am grateful to have discovered my calling early in life, and for the opportunities to build a strong foundation of academic and clinical training. I started my career at Childrens Hospital, S.F., developing a psychoanalytic training program. In 1990, I opened a practice in Walnut Creek, specializing in child, adolescent, adult and family diagnostics and psychotherapy. Thanks to the wonderful patients with whom I have had the privilege of working, and the confidence of referring physicians and peers, the practice has flourished for 25 years. My work continues to evolve as personal and professional experience deepens my compassion, spirituality and understanding of life's challenges and how to overcome them.
Education and Training
BS in Psychology
at University of California
Berkeley; Masters in Clinical Psychology at California School of Professional Psychology; PhD in Clinical Psychology at California School of Professional Psychology
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director of Training/Staff Psychologist, AIRS Program, Children's Hospital, 1989-1991 -
- Po Post Doctoral Fellow, Reiss-Davis Child Study Center, 1986-1988 -
- Diamond Service Award for Outstanding Service from the Contra Costa Psychological Association- Presidential Term 2007-2009
- Outstanding Service Award, Contra Costa Psychological Association, 2007
- UCSF Children's Hospital (Formerly Director of Training
- AIRS Progrm)
Dr. Karyn Sue Goldberg-Boltz PH.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Karyn Sue Goldberg-Boltz PH.D. | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Karyn Sue Goldberg-Boltz PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Goldberg-Boltz
- When a Child with Autism Refuses Treatment
You have a child you love very much. You want to help them so that they can develop into as healthy and happy a person as they can be. But they refuse to cooperate with their unique autism treatment. What can you do?Children with autism can refuse treatment for a variety of reasons. Some reasons...
- Tips to Overcome Procrastination for Each Type of Procrastinator
Ever wondered how to overcome procrastination? Well, you have landed on the right page. This article focuses on how to beat procrastination. Each of us procrastinates for different reasons, and we all do it sometimes at least at one stage of our lives. There are six styles of procrastinators...
- What Is Intrinsic Motivation?
Intrinsic motivation is a type of behavior, which is driven or fueled by internal rewards. It involves engaging in a behavior, in which a person finds it as personally rewarding. Essentially, a person performs an activity not to receive external rewards, but for his or her own...
- X Factor Star Susan Boyle on Asperger's Diagnosis
In 2012, Scottish singer Susan Boyle was diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome (AS). Before her diagnosis, Susan’s team believed that her ‘unpredictable’ and ‘eccentric’ behavior was due to her being a diva and hot-headed. They considered that she acted the way she did because she was...
- How to Handle the Most Challenging Autism Behaviors
There will be difficult moments while raising a child with autism that a parent will find hard to deal with. However, there are certain situations that can be resolved with patience and knowledge of autism and how it can affect someone. By understanding what the child is feeling when they are...
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- Dr. Susan Elizabeth Scatena PHD11891 Flanagan Ct Dublin California 94568
- Mr. Ronald M. Ruff PH.D.909 Hyde Street San Francisco California 94109
- Dr. Sheila Wu O.D.520 South Lafayette Park Place Los Angeles California 90057
- Dr. Carole Petiet PHD2340 Ward St Berkeley CA 94705
- Dr. Stancil Joseph lister Hutchinson PSY.D.730 Alhambra Blvd. Sacramento CA 95816
- Elke Jahn PH.D.800 Menlo Ave Menlo Park CA 94025