I am grateful to have discovered my calling early in life, and for the opportunities to build a strong foundation of academic and clinical training. I started my career at Childrens Hospital, S.F., developing a psychoanalytic training program. In 1990, I opened a practice in Walnut Creek, specializing in child, adolescent, adult and family diagnostics and psychotherapy. Thanks to the wonderful patients with whom I have had the privilege of working, and the confidence of referring physicians and peers, the practice has flourished for 25 years. My work continues to evolve as personal and professional experience deepens my compassion, spirituality and understanding of life's challenges and how to overcome them.
Education and Training
BS in Psychology
at University of California
Berkeley; Masters in Clinical Psychology at California School of Professional Psychology; PhD in Clinical Psychology at California School of Professional Psychology
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director of Training/Staff Psychologist, AIRS Program, Children's Hospital, 1989-1991 -
- Po Post Doctoral Fellow, Reiss-Davis Child Study Center, 1986-1988 -
- Diamond Service Award for Outstanding Service from the Contra Costa Psychological Association- Presidential Term 2007-2009
- Outstanding Service Award, Contra Costa Psychological Association, 2007
- UCSF Children's Hospital (Formerly Director of Training
- AIRS Progrm)
Dr. Karyn Sue Goldberg-Boltz PH.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Karyn Sue Goldberg-Boltz PH.D. | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Karyn Sue Goldberg-Boltz PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Goldberg-Boltz
- What Medications Help in Treating Eating Disorders?
According to statistics, binge eating disorder is very common among young adults in the United States in comparison to anorexia and bulimia. In the last couple years, it has been treated as real medical disorder. According to the Youth Risk Behavior survey that was conducted in 2001, 35 percent of...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Autism
Introduction From the perspective of an outsider, it is very difficult to understand what it is to have autism. This misunderstanding, unfortunately, can result in a lot of misconceptions and stereotypes about people with autism. Below are certain misconceptions, which people usually have in...
- What Conditions Are Treatable with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Behavioral and cognitive therapies are types of psychotherapies that follow scientific principles in assisting individuals how to change their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. They are practical approaches that aim at solving problems.An anxiety disorder may be present in people who experience...
- Understanding Psychotherapy
Most of us usually become too overwhelmed when dealing with the issues affecting our lives. Cases of depression, anxiety, and mental disorders are very common today. Others struggle with weight-related issues, addiction, sexuality, relationships, and loss of jobs, among others. All these concerns...
- How Jon Stewart Highlighted Autism Awareness
When there was a slight glitch in the segment Jon Stewart had planned, he had no problem improvising in the best way - bringing awareness to autism.Carly's storyCarly Fleischmann is only twenty-two years old. She is nonverbal and has severe autism, but she's already making her dreams come true. Ever...
- Understanding The Relationship Between Sleep And Depression
What is the link between sleep and depression?A sleep disorders is one of the key signs of clinical depression. While some people suffering from depression sleep too much, others are not able to sleep at all. A sleep disorder does not necessarily cause depression, but the lack of rest and sleep does...
- Dr. Susan Elizabeth Scatena PHD 11891 Flanagan Ct Dublin California 94568
- Mr. Ronald M. Ruff PH.D. 909 Hyde Street San Francisco California 94109
- Dr. Sheila Wu O.D. 520 South Lafayette Park Place Los Angeles California 90057
- Dr. Stancil Joseph lister Hutchinson PSY.D. 730 Alhambra Blvd. Sacramento CA 95816
- Dr. Elke Jahn PH.D. 800 Menlo Ave Menlo Park CA 94025
- Dr. Britney Blair PSY.D., CBSM 425 1st St San Francisco CA 94105