Dr. George Sakoulas MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease2020 Genesee Avenue San Diego CA, 92123
George Sakoulas, MD, maintains a position at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Centers, a group of primary care doctors working in partnership with their patients as one of San Diego, California?s top performing medical groups. The practice provides radiology, laboratory, pharmacy, optical, and urgent care services to patients of all ages. Dr. Sakoulas is a physician who specializes in infectious disease medicine, MRSA research, and hospital infections, and has over thirteen years of experience. Educated at Harvard Medical School, Dr. Sakoulas continued his studies with an internship at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, where he also participated in a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in infectious diseases. Board certified by the American Board of Internal medicine in both internal medicine and infectious diseases, he maintains professional memberships in the American Society of Microbiology, the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Infectious Diseases Association of California. He has conducted and published his extensive research in the areas of MRSA treatments.
Education and Training
Harvard Medical School
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1995
American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine- Infectious Diseases
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- International Lecture and Public Speaking- On Faculty At UCSD as a Associate Adjunct Professor -
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Harvard Medical School
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center- Infectious Disease
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Microbiology, Infectious Diseases Society of America, Infectious Diseases Association of California
Articles and Publications
- Yes, Extensive Research In The Areas of MRSA Treatment
What do you attribute your success to?
- Seeking The Truth Through Research and Applying It To Making People Better.
Hobbies / Sports
- Fishing, Kayaking, Hiking
Dr. George Sakoulas MD's Practice location
San Diego, CA 92123Get Direction
SAN DIEGO, CA 92101Get Direction
San Diego, CA 92123Get Direction
Dr. George Sakoulas MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sakoulas
- Borrelia burgdorferi: The Bug Responsible for Lyme Disease
Borrelia burgdorferi is a gram-negative bacterium, which is the causative organism of Lyme disease. It is most commonly found in North America and Europe. Lyme disease is a zoonotic vector-borne disease. A zoonotic disease is a disease that can be transmitted from animals to humans and...
- How is Lyme Disease Diagnosed?
Lyme disease is primarily diagnosed through an analysis of the symptoms, although blood tests are also sometimes used.What to keep in mind when diagnosing Lyme diseaseThe bull’s eye rash is usually the most prominent symptom of Lyme’s disease, and a visualization of this rash is usually...
- Is There a Vaccine Against Lyme Disease?
Spring brings a well-heightened mood to play outdoors, but it also marks the unpleasant beginning of Lyme disease season after season. The disease is rarely chronic. If there is a delay in the treatment, it might cause arthritis, meningitis, and heart problems. The patients can recover completely...
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- How Healthcare Workers Can Protect Themselves
As a healthcare worker, having excellent hygiene habits is not only better for you, it also lowers the risk of infection for everyone around you. With the existence of COVID-19, it is essential to re-evaluate your current hygiene habits and encourage others to do so as well, in order to reduce the...
- Should you get tested?
COVID-19 has caused massive anxiety to most, if not all of us, even to those people with a scientific background. We have been aware of the statistics: how fast the number of positive cases increases, the mortality rate, and even the number of recovered patients. The public is also being informed...
- Dr. Steven Edward Gardner M.D.2020 GENESEE AVE SAN DIEGO CA 92123
- Dr. Joshua James Minuto M.D.2020 GENESEE AVE SAN DIEGO CA 92123
- Dr. Raymond Chinn M.D.7910 Frost St San Diego CA 92123
- Norihiro Yogo MD2020 GENESEE AVE SAN DIEGO CA 92123
- Dr. Ariella Sara Goldblatt M.D., M.S.2020 GENESEE AVE SAN DIEGO CA 92123
- Dr. Nancy Ruth Kollisch M.D.8008 FROST ST SAN DIEGO CA 92123