Dr. Harish Rao practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Hershey, PA. Dr. Rao treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
MD at Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
The American Board of Pediatrics
American Board of Sleep Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, National, International- Lecturing -
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Birth Defects
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Children's Hospital Program
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center, Boston Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Thoracic Society, American Academy of Sleep Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
- His parents and hard work.
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Hiking, Biking, Tennis
Dr. Harish Rao MD's Practice location
Hershey, PA 17033Get Direction
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46202Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Harish Rao MD | Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Harish Rao MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Bronkaid?
Generic Name: Ephedrine and GuaifenesinBrand Name: Primatene Asthma, BronkaidIntroduction Bronkaid is known for treating the symptoms of asthma. It works by thinning the mucus, so it can be eliminated from the body through coughing. Bronkaid consists of two active ingredients:...
- What Causes Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is the unsuppressed growth of cells in the tissues of the lungs. Such a condition leads to a tumor (malignant) which may spread (by metastasis) to different organs of the body if not treated in time. Cancer of the lung at the primary stage is also known as carcinoma. The two types of...
- Can My Child Develop COPD?
Can COPD Develop in Children?By definition, COPD is a serious lung condition that has developed over a long period of time. Numerous studies explained that children cannot have COPD; however, the disease process can begin at a young age.One can observe the symptoms associated with COPD in a child,...
- Causes and Treatments for a Barking Cough
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup, which is a viral condition that causes swelling of the upper airways of children, especially those who are younger than 5 years old. It is also described as the inflammation of the larynx and the trachea in children.There are a...
- The History of Cystic Fibrosis
What is cystic fibrosis?It is a genetic disease that affects both young children and adults. It mainly affects the lungs and the digestive system. When a child inherits two copies of the genes responsible for cystic fibrosis, the child develops the disease.The complications associated with the...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers in the world. It is a leading cause of cancer death in men and women worldwide. Lung cancer defies classification as a single disease affecting just one organ. The warning signs and painful symptoms represent major systemic disorders in different parts...
- Kara A Lahr CRNP500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Gavin R Graff MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Gustavo Nino barrera M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Daniel S Rifkin MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Michael Scott Schwartz M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Binu-john Sankoorikal M.D.500 UNIVERSITY DR HERSHEY PA 17033