Dr. Harish Rao MD
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology200 Campus Drive Hershey PA, 17033
Dr. Harish Rao practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Hershey, PA. Dr. Rao treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
MD at Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
The American Board of Pediatrics
American Board of Sleep Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, National, International- Lecturing -
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Birth Defects
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Montefiore Medical Center, Boston Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Thoracic Society, American Academy of Sleep Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
- His parents and hard work.
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Hiking, Biking, Tennis
Dr. Harish Rao MD's Practice location
Hershey, PA 17033Get Direction
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46202Get Direction
- Prevention of Croup
Croup is a viral infection that causes swelling of the airway. As a result, the airway becomes narrower, making it difficult to breathe. It is also accompanied by an irritation in the larynx (voice box) and trachea (windpipe). This condition is also known as laryngotracheobronchitis because the...
- How to Know if It’s Croup or Whoop
Croup is often characterized by a barking cough sound, which resembles the sound produced by seals. This childhood condition is often caused by a virus that often starts from the nose or mouth, and goes down to the vocal cords and windpipe. The affected areas become inflamed, swollen, and sore that...
- Croup and Epiglottitis: What’s Their Difference?
Croup and epiglottitis are two conditions involving the anatomical structures located in the throat. These two conditions are almost similar because their symptoms replicate one another. Croup and epiglottitis enable a child to have breathing difficulties. Both are infectious conditions; however,...
- What Is Bronkaid?
Generic Name: Ephedrine and GuaifenesinBrand Name: Primatene Asthma, BronkaidIntroduction Bronkaid is known for treating the symptoms of asthma. It works by thinning the mucus, so it can be eliminated from the body through coughing. Bronkaid consists of two active ingredients:...
- Epinephrine for Quick Croup Relief
Croup is a childhood illness that can cause distress to children, especially at night. It is characterized by stridor and a barking cough. This viral condition results in laryngeal and tracheal swelling.Although most cases of croup are successfully managed at home, there are still cases where...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Kara A Lahr CRNP500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Gavin R Graff MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Gustavo Nino barrera M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Daniel S Rifkin MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Binu-john Sankoorikal M.D.500 UNIVERSITY DR HERSHEY PA 17033
- Dr. Michael Scott Schwartz M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033