Dr. Harish Rao MD
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology200 Campus Drive Hershey PA, 17033
Dr. Harish Rao practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Hershey, PA. Dr. Rao treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
MD at Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
The American Board of Pediatrics
American Board of Sleep Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, National, International- Lecturing -
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Birth Defects
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Montefiore Medical Center, Boston Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Thoracic Society, American Academy of Sleep Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
- His parents and hard work.
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Hiking, Biking, Tennis
Dr. Harish Rao MD's Practice location
Hershey, PA 17033Get Direction
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46202Get Direction
- What Causes Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is the unsuppressed growth of cells in the tissues of the lungs. Such a condition leads to a tumor (malignant) which may spread (by metastasis) to different organs of the body if not treated in time. Cancer of the lung at the primary stage is also known as carcinoma. The two types of...
- Differentiating Croup from Asthma
Croup and asthma are two conditions that involve organs, which are responsible for breathing. Since both conditions affect the respiratory system, it is highly advisable to learn their differences to be able to approach each condition properly.What Is Croup?Croup is typically caused by a virus. It...
- What is Lung Cancer? Get the Facts
The Nature of Cancerous CellsEvery cell in the human body is programmed to carry out a specific role. For example, a red blood cell carries oxygen to tissues, a white blood cell wards off infection, and an intestinal cell absorbs nutrients in the digestive tract. All these cells are programmed to...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- What Causes Croup?
Croup is a common respiratory problem prevailing in young children that tends to develop in the fall or winter. It describes a deep and barking cough that is caused by an upper respiratory infection that blocks a child's ability to breathe. Its characteristic symptom is harsh coughing...
- Can My Child Develop COPD?
Can COPD Develop in Children?By definition, COPD is a serious lung condition that has developed over a long period of time. Numerous studies explained that children cannot have COPD; however, the disease process can begin at a young age.One can observe the symptoms associated with COPD in a child,...
- Kara A Lahr CRNP500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Gustavo Nino barrera M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Daniel S Rifkin MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Gavin R Graff MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Roopa Siddaiah M.D500 UNIVERSITY DR HERSHEY PA 17033
- Amy Ann Dooley D.O.500 UNIVERSITY DR HERSHEY PA 17033