Sam E. Cigno
Dentist12000 Bellefontaine Road St. Louis Missouri, 63138
Sam E. Cigno, DDS, FAGD, is a dentist working with Cigno Dental Care in St. Louis, Missouri, a practice that offers quality dental treatment to patients. He has an impressive 51 years of experience in his field with expertise in general and cosmetic dentistry, implants and orthodontics. Dr. Cigno obtained his DDS from the University of Washington School of Dentistry in 1964. Additionally, he is a fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry.
Education and Training
DDS at University of Washington School of Dentistry
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National and International Seminars (In Past) -
Professional Society Memberships
- Academy of General Dentistry
What do you attribute your success to?
- "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Spending Time With Her 8 Grandchildren
Favorite professional publications
- Dental Economics
Sam E. Cigno's Practice location
St. Louis, Missouri 63138Get Direction
- What Do Bumps on the Roof of Your Mouth Mean?
IntroductionThe presence of bumps and lumps in the mouth is not something uncommon. You may have experienced them in the past, particularly on your lips, back of the throat, or tongue. There are various things that can cause the formation of bumps on the roof of your mouth, but most of them are...
- What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers give patients a beautiful smile. They are very thin, porcelain layers attached to the front of the teeth. Dental veneers are a good solution for the correction of any defects in the position, color, or shape of the teeth.Dental veneers can be made with direct or indirect composites....
- Floss Your Teeth the Right Way
Alla Wheeler, RDH, MPA, associate professor of the Dental Hygiene Program at the New York University School of Dentistry, says that since the results of flossing are not immediate, most people do not think that the technique actually works.In reality, this is the best technique, as it does...
- Do I need to get my Wisdom Teeth Pulled?
Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure used to remove one or more of the adult teeth present at the back of the mouth. It is usually done by an oral surgeon or a dentist. It is often done by opening the gum tissue over the tooth and then taking out the bone covering the tooth. The tissue...
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Can Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Help Prevent Periodontitis?
According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Diabetic Association, food containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) may help to prevent gum disease. Periodontitis is the most common type of gum disease in which the gum separates from the teeth, allowing the bacteria to...
- Derek Vadnal DMD DMD12105 Bridgeton Sq Dr Bridgeton MO 63044
- Dr. June Wolff DMD168 N Meramec Ave Saint Louis MO 63105
- Dr. Michael B Kimble D.M.D.1 Westbury Dr, Suite 310 St Charles MO 63301
- Mr. Micheal Lillmars DDS8720 BIG BEND BLVD SAINT LOUIS MO 63119
- Dr. Bruce W. Howard DMD2565 W Clay St Saint Charles MO 63301
- Dr. Diana L. Plahn DDS132 W Washington Ave Saint Louis MO 63122