Internal Medicine, Primary Care, Optimizing Chronic Illness Management, Wilderness Medicine
Education and Training
MD at UC Davis School of Medicine
Univ Of Ca- Davis- Sch Of Med- Davis Ca Medicine 1976
Univ Of Ca-Davis Biochemistry 1972
American Board of Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 1979
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local- at the University of the Pacific -
- AMA Physician's Recognition & Commendation Award
- Top Doctor, San Jose, CA
- Top Doctor, Santa Cruz, CA
- AMA Physicianâ€™s Recognition Award with Commendation2012American Medical Society
- General Adult Medicine
- Health And Wellness, Preventative Medicine
- Travel Medicine Consultation
- Menopause Health
- Geriatric Medicine
- Wilderness & Outdoor Medicine
- Pre-employment Physicals
- San Joaquin Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine Internal Medicine Primary Care 1980
Experience & Accolades
- Primary Care Provider2012Dominican Medical GroupDignity Health
- Primary Care Provider1980Private Practice, Consultations, Locum TenensProvider & Consultant
- Internal Medicine, Primary Care, Wilderness Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- California Medical Association, Wilderness Medical Society, American Medical Women Association, American Physiological Society, Human Anatomy & Physiology Society
What do you attribute your success to?
Passion for medical science, the art of medicine, and working with people.
Areas of research
Internal Medicine, Primary Care
Volunteering in Employee Health & Community Health Fairs to provide medical information to public.
Pro Bono Medical Consultations.
Teaching and speaking
Lectures/Presentations at Internal Medicine Conferences, Grand Rounds, Cafe Scientifique, General Public Forums
Hobbies / Sports
- Wilderness Medicine
Favorite professional publications
- NEJM, Annals of Internal Medicine, BMJ, Wilderness Medicine Medical Journal
- Dominican Hospital of Santa Cruz
Dr. Rahnea L. Sunseri MD's Practice location
SACRAMENTO, CA 95817Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Rahnea L. Sunseri MD | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Rahnea L. Sunseri MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sunseri
- Causes and Treatment for Dry Cough
IntroductionA dry cough is a type of cough that does not accompany the production of mucus or phlegm. Most cases of dry cough are caused by certain allergic reactions from allergens, such as pollutants, dust, or toxins. The body usually tries to expel these irritants by coughing it out. In some...
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- Syphilis: How Does It Affect Men and Women?
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that affects both men and women. The most common locations for the chancre to appear are in the penis, vagina, anus, and even in the oral cavity. There is not much difference in men and women as far as symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments are concerned....
- What Is Menopause?
Menopause is a normal process resulting from aging, in women. Menopause usually occurs between the ages of 45-years-old and 55-years-old. This is characterized by the cessation of menstruation along with a number of changes in the body, and marks the end of the reproductive period in women.Causes of...
- Mono vs. Strep Throat Symptoms
OverviewA sore throat is often caused by the common cold, which can be a mild condition that resolves on its own without the need for medical treatment. However, there are also other causes of sore throats, such as strep throat and infectious mononucleosis or mono, which is caused by...
- Can My Period Be the Cause of My Anemia?
Anemia is sometimes more commonly referred to as low iron because its root cause is less iron being produced by the body. There are staggering numbers of people increasing in the world every year who are under the torment of this notorious disease. The basic dysfunction starts within the red blood...
- Mr. Frank L. Ravago MD99 Airport Blvd. Freedom California 95019
- Dr. Linda Eglin MD360 Dardanelli Ln Los Gatos CA 95032
- Dr. Kathleen L. Serventi MD260 International Cir San Jose CA 95119
- Dr. Marta C. Murawski M.D.625 Lincoln Ave San Jose CA 95126
- Dr. Anjali Sagdeo M.D.2585 Samaritan Dr San Jose CA 95124
- Dr. Elizabeth Brennan M.D.7600 Old Dominion Ct Aptos CA 95003