Internal Medicine, Primary Care, Optimizing Chronic Illness Management, Wilderness Medicine
Education and Training
MD at UC Davis School of Medicine
Univ Of Ca- Davis- Sch Of Med- Davis Ca Medicine 1976
Univ Of Ca-Davis Biochemistry 1972
American Board of Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 1979
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local- at the University of the Pacific -
- AMA Physician's Recognition & Commendation Award
- Top Doctor, San Jose, CA
- Top Doctor, Santa Cruz, CA
- AMA Physicianâ€™s Recognition Award with Commendation 2012 American Medical Society
- General Adult Medicine
- Health And Wellness, Preventative Medicine
- Travel Medicine Consultation
- Menopause Health
- Geriatric Medicine
- Wilderness & Outdoor Medicine
- Pre-employment Physicals
- San Joaquin Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine Internal Medicine Primary Care 1980
Experience & Accolades
- Primary Care Provider2012Dominican Medical GroupDignity Health
- Primary Care Provider1980Private Practice, Consultations, Locum TenensProvider & Consultant
- Internal Medicine, Primary Care, Wilderness Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- California Medical Association, Wilderness Medical Society, American Medical Women Association, American Physiological Society, Human Anatomy & Physiology Society
What do you attribute your success to?
Passion for medical science, the art of medicine, and working with people.
Areas of research
Internal Medicine, Primary Care
Volunteering in Employee Health & Community Health Fairs to provide medical information to public.
Pro Bono Medical Consultations.
Teaching and speaking
Lectures/Presentations at Internal Medicine Conferences, Grand Rounds, Cafe Scientifique, General Public Forums
Hobbies / Sports
- Wilderness Medicine
Favorite professional publications
- NEJM, Annals of Internal Medicine, BMJ, Wilderness Medicine Medical Journal
Dr. Rahnea L. Sunseri MD's Practice location
SACRAMENTO, CA 95817Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Rahnea L. Sunseri MD | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Rahnea L. Sunseri MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sunseri
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- What Causes Nipple Pain?
IntroductionMost women may have experienced soreness in their nipples at some point in time or another. This soreness or pain can be due to various reasons which may include an imbalance in the hormones, skin conditions, pregnancy, itching, allergies or infections, breastfeeding, and much more. The...
- Are Weight Loss Supplements Effective?
Have you ever considered herbal supplements to achieve a slim physique? There are many different types of herbal supplements that contain a variety of ingredients, like appetite suppressants, Ephedrine, Chitosan, Dandelion, Clenbuterol, Cascara, Guar Guam, and diuretics. Are these ingredients safe...
- Are Vitamin D-Rich Foods Better than Vitamin D Supplements?
What is vitamin D?Vitamin D is a unique fat-soluble vitamin that plays a significant role in many aspects of health. Also referred to as the sunshine vitamin, it stands out from other types of vitamins since the body can produce vitamin D through sunlight exposure. With 20-25 minutes of daily sun...
- What are the Effects of Marijuana?
Marijuana or pot is one of the most commonly abused illegal drugs in the country. About one in 300 people are addicted to this drug. Marijuana is actually a mix of shredded leaves, seeds, flowers, and stems of the plant Cannabis sativa. It is also available in a concentrated form called hashish....
- Young Athletes and Heat-Related Illnesses
Simple measures will help to prevent heat-related illnesses in young athletes while exercising in the heat. According to American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), heat-related illness such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke can be prevented in young athletes just the same way as in adults. One of the...
- Mr. Frank L. Ravago MD99 AIRPORT BLVD FREEDOM CA 95019
- Dr. Kathleen L. Serventi MD260 International Cir San Jose CA 95119
- Dr. Marta C. Murawski M.D.15400 LOS GATOS BLVD LOS GATOS CA 95032
- Dr. Anjali Sagdeo M.D.15400 LOS GATOS BLVD LOS GATOS CA 95032
- Dr. Joe Lawrence Morgensen M.D.2410 Samaritan Dr San Jose CA 95124
- Francisco Rhein Other1661 SOQUEL AVE. SANTA CRUZ CA 95065