Specializing in management of coronary artery disease (acute and chronic), cardiac rhythm abnormalities, cardiac arrhythmias, congestive heart failure, valvular heart disease, hypertension and primary prevention of the cardiovascular diseases
Education and Training
DO at New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine / New York Institute of Technology 2004
College Of Osteopathic Med
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine 2004
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine- Cardiovascular Disease
Board Certified in Echocardiography
Board Certified in Nuclear Cardiology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Public Speaking on Women in Cardiology at New York Methodist Hospital -
- Graduted Summa Cum Laude/National and Regional Dean's List- 1998
- Chief Resident at Maimonides Medical Center- 1999
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Maimonides Med Center 2000
- Maimonides Med Center 2000
- 3 Year Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship at Maimonides Medical Center- 2011
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Cardiology, American Society of Echocardiography, American Society of nuclear medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
Her passion for cardiology. It was always her goal to prevent disease/sickness thus she puts tremendous effort on patient\'s education and risk factors control.
She was very motivated by her husband,her great mentors, Dr. Roland Wharton and Dr. Jacob Shani, her patients whose appreciation has always been the biggest reward.
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Playing Piano
Favorite professional publications
- UpToDate , JACC
Elena V. Bezoff, DO's Practice location
Brooklyn, NY 11219Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Elena V. Bezoff, DO | Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Elena V. Bezoff, DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bezoff
- Low-Density Lipoprotein
IntroductionTo maintain good health, balanced cholesterol levels are quite important. The liver is an organ that detoxifies drugs and other foreign substances. It also stores glycogen, which the body utilizes for energy. Other important functions of the liver include metabolizing carbohydrates,...
- Your Risk of a Heart Attack Increases While Grieving
Mourning the death of a loved one will increase the risk of heart attack in the days immediately following the death of the loved one. The risk is elevated in the month that follows the loss, according to a new study. According to the researchers, this is the first study to see whether grieving can...
- Stem Cell Treatment Heals the Damage Caused by Heart Attacks
A new study has shown that muscle damage due to a heart attack can be corrected by stem cell treatment. This included a small number participants, but they have shown that stem cell treatment is an effective method to help patients recover from a heart attack. The study was directed by Eduardo...
- The Signs of Stroke in Women
Stroke is found to be the third leading cause of death in women around the world. As women generally live longer than men, the effects of a stroke affect women more than men. Women also live longer in a healthcare facility after having a stroke than men do. Women are more prone to a stroke...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Diagnosing Heart Palpitations
What are heart palpitations?Heart palpitations are when you start feeling your own heart beating. You will feel as if your heart is beating too fast, slow, forcefully, or irregularly. You will feel as if you missed a beat. The frequency and severity of heart palpitations will vary from one person to...
- Yoshiaki Omura800 Riverside Drive New York New York 10032
- Yoshifumi Naka M.D.177 Fort Washington Ave New York NY 10032
- Carl Dietrich Reimers MD130 E 77th St New York NY 10075
- Jeremiah M. Gelles MD263 7TH AVE BROOKLYN NY 11215
- Nino D. Marino M.D110 East 59th Street New York City New York 10022
- Bijoy K. Mehta MD140-15 Stanford Avenue Flushing New York 11355