Brenda C. McClain, MD, DABPM, is an anesthesiologist at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children?s Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. With over 26 years of experience, Dr. McClain specializes in anesthesiology and pain management. Brenda was educated at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and then went on to complete her residency at Johns Hopkins and a fellowship in Pediatric Anesthesiology at the Children?s Hospital of Pittsburgh. In order to stay up-to-date on developments in her field, Dr. McClain maintains professional memberships with the American Pain Society and the St. Louis Study of Pain Society. When she is not practicing, she engages in local public speaking and is also a professor.
Education and Training
MD at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
The American Board of Anesthesiology
American Board of Pain Medicine
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Pain Medicine
- Intravenous clonidine use in a neonate experiencing opioid-induced myoclonus.
- Measurement of pain in children: state-of-the-art considerations.
- Preoperative anxiety, postoperative pain, and behavioral recovery in young children undergoing surgery.
- Population genetic structure of Nantucket pine tip moth.
- In vivo response time of transcutaneous oxygen measurement to changes in inspired oxygen in normal adults.
- Transient paraparesis after general anesthesia in a patient in the prone position.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Johns Hopkins
- Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowship at the Childrens Hospital of Pittsburgh
Professional Society Memberships
- American Pain Society- St. Louis Study of Pain Society
Articles and Publications
- Published 17 Book Chapters, Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Education, love of people, making a difference, teaching others and technology.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Teaching, Outdoors, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- All major medical publications and research
Dr. Brenda C. McClain MD's Practice location
St. Louis, Missouri 63110Get Direction
NEW HAVEN, CT 06510Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Brenda C. McClain MD | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Brenda C. McClain MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Singapore Battles Diabetes
Type II diabetes is usually diagnosed in adults of middle age, but can also be found in children and is often brought on by obesity. While the pancreas in type II diabetes can sometimes make insulin, it may not make enough or the body will not use what is made efficiently. With diabetes comes a lot...
- Treatments of Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a disorder that causes your bones to break down quicker, making you susceptible to fractures and falls. Treatment often includes a combination of medical drugs and lifestyle changes. The best way to prevent the occurrence of osteoporosis is to observe proper medication plans.Bones...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Christopher P Creighton M.D.2345 Dougherty Ferry Rd Saint Louis MO 63122
- Dr. Leander K. Lee MD3009 North Ballas Road St. Louis Missouri 63131
- Dr. Marie Angele Theard MD43 Kingsbury Place St. Louis Missouri 63112
- Juri McDowell11133 Dunn Road St. Louis Missouri 63136
- Dr. Jason Ray Gillihan MD1 BARNES JEWISH HOSPITAL PLZ SAINT LOUIS MO 63110
- Dr. Toni R. Patterson D.O.17050 BAXTER RD CHESTERFIELD MO 63005