Brenda Louise Giles, MD, is a pediatrician working with the University of Chicago Medicine Center Comer Childrenï¿½s Hospital. With over 14 years of experience, Dr. Giles specializes in pediatric pulmonology and critical care. She was educated at the University of Western Ontario and completed an internship at Victoria Hospital and a fellowship at the University of Western Ontario and Duke University. Dr. Giles is certified in Pediatric Pulmonology by the American Board of Pediatrics and in Critical Care Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Education and Training
MD at the University of Western Ontario
University of South Florida Finance 1990
Remington College of Nursing Science in Nursing 2014
Herzing University Science in Nursing 2015
The American Board of Pediatrics
The American Board of Pediatrics- Pediatric Pulmonology
American Board of Internal Medicine- Critical Care Medicine
- Long-term management of asthma in First Nations and Inuit children: A knowledge translation tool based on Canadian paediatric asthma guidelines, intended for use by front-line health care professionals working in isolated communities.
- The real-life effectiveness of palivizumab for reducing hospital admissions for respiratory syncytial virus in infants residing in Nunavut.
- Response to "Fluticasone or Montelukast in Preschool Wheeze: A Randomized Controlled Trial".
- Commentary on "Low 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Levels in Children With Spina Bifida".
- Hospital admissions for lower respiratory tract infections among infants in the Canadian Arctic: a cohort study.
- Current Concepts of Transition of Care in Cystic Fibrosis.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Victoria Hospital
- University of Western Ontario and Duke University
Hobbies / Sports
- Photography, Travel
Dr. Brenda Louise Giles MD FRCPC FAAP's Practice location
Chicago, Illinois 60637Get Direction
CHICAGO, IL 60637Get Direction
Lakeland, FL 33813Get Direction
Dr. Brenda Louise Giles MD FRCPC FAAP's reviewsWrite Review
- Is the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
What are some considerations with regard to vaccination?Never hide anything from your GP while he is deciding about the shots for your baby as your carelessness might have grave after-effects (side effects) for your baby. If your baby has diarrhea or is recovering from the flu, it would not be the...
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- Reading to Your Children: The Path to Healthy Kids
Storytelling is a vehicle for parents to bond with their children, while instilling values and character traits. Making time for a 15 minute story is a great way to directly connect with your children.Storytelling is a tradition as old as human history. The stories of Aesop may come to mind. The...
- Mesenteric Adenitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Introduction Mesenteric adenitis is the inflammation of the lymph nodes present in the mesentery, which is the membrane that attaches the small intestine to the abdominal cavity wall. It usually causes abdominal pain, especially in children and teenagers. Lymph nodes contain lymphocytes, which are...
- Can Robots Help Children with Autism in Ways that Humans Can't?
Kids love robots. They are mesmerized by their ability to be human-like, yet machine-like. Maybe they like them because they are like a toy come to life. They are somehow able to ‘think,’ react and move independently. Without technical knowledge an adult would have, kids, are able to imagine...
- How to Get Rid of Smegma?
What is Smegma?In uncircumcised males, smegma is a sebaceous matter made up of oil and dead skin cells, which accumulates under the foreskin. In females, it accumulates around the folds of the labia. It is not a serious condition and not a sexually transmitted infection. However, a smegma buildup...
- Mrs. Jolanta Dziok M.D.7447 W Talcott Ave Chicago IL 60631
- Dr. Luis F. Santiago MD5533 Cermak Road Cicero Illinois 60804
- Dr. Shanti Nair MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Mr. Hector O. Bustamante MD1823 W. Chicago Avenue Chicago Illinois 60622
- Dr. Robert E. Kimura M.D.1653 west Congress Parkway Chicago Illinois 60612
- Dr. Annita John MD10237 S. Western Avenue Chicago Illinois 60643