Dr. Jenifer Nields is a psychiatrist practicing in Fairfield, CT. Dr. Nields is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Nields diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Nields may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Nields treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
MD at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Clinical Professor at Yale -
- Local, Regional and National Public Speaking -
- Distinguished Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
- Adolescents and adults
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, Connecticut Psychiatric Society, The American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry, Connecticut Society of Psychoanalytic Psychology
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
Good training and taking advantage of opportunities as they present themselves, and reading.
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
Jenifer A. Nields's Practice location
Fairfield, CT 06824Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Jenifer A. Nields | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Jenifer A. Nields's reviewsWrite Review
- Depression and Sex: How Depression Can Affect Your Sex Life
Maslow’s theory of needs describes sex as one of the basic requirements of human beings. The feelings of pleasure and contentment experienced during sex are rooted in the brain. Contrary to popular belief, our brain is the primary sex organ. When an individual indulges in sexual activity, our sex...
- What Are Hallucinations?
In psychiatry, hallucinations are defined as a perception experienced in the absence of an external stimulus to the corresponding sense organ. In simple terms, hallucinations are when people see, hear, feel, smell, or taste things that really don’t exist outside of their minds. For a...
- 5 Tips on Living with Binge Eating Disorder
Tip 1: Develop a healthier relationship with foodBingeing can easily get out of control, as it is often not about what you consume or the amount but the feeling you get once you start eating. It is all about stuffing yourself to suppress your feelings. The act of eating replaces the feelings you...
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- St. John's Wort: Benefits, Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
St. John's wort is basically a plant which existed only in Europe, but today the plant can be found in USA and also some parts of Canada. The plant has oval-shaped leaves and golden-yellow flowers. The plant is attractive to look at having colorful petals and the colors of the flower are a mixed of...
- ADHD: What Is Talk Therapy?
Talk therapy can really be helpful to people living with ADHD. It’s normal for people to seek assistance from psychiatrists or professional counselors whenever they realize that they’re suffering from ADD/ADHD. You need to know that psychotherapy is very different from behavioral...
- Dr. Sandra Gomez-Luna M.D.,36 Old Kings Hwy South Darien Connecticut 06820
- Ljudmil Kljusev227 Naugatuck Avenue Milford Connecticut 06460
- Anita M. Lopker18 Burr Road Westport Connecticut 06880
- Dr. Frank John Ninivaggi MD200 Orchard Street New Haven CT 06510
- Dr. Atman Bengeloun MD15 Bellemeade Avenue Smithtown New York 11787
- Dr. Rena K Ferguson MD1000 Main Street Port Jefferson NY 11777