Orthopedist501 Park Hill Drive Fredericksburg Virginia, 22401
Dr. Philip Holzknecht is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Dr. Holzknecht specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Holzknecht tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
MD at Georgetown University School of Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine- Sports Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
- William Beaumont Hospital Heliport
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Philip Holzknecht's Practice location
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401Get Direction
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- Is Your Child at Risk of Osgood-Schlatter Disease?
Our body is a machine and any wear and tear occurring in any of the parts of the body can impair overall body functioning. One of the common types of pain felt by a number of people is pain associated with the knees. There are various forms and causes that could be related to knee pains, one of them...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- What Is Spinal Stenosis Back Surgery?
What is spinal stenosis?Spinal stenosis is a disorder of the spine in which the spinal chord narrows. Congenital spinal stenosis is a condition in which the spine is already narrowed at birth. Factors that can result in spinal stenosis are herniated discs, osteophytes, which are ingrown bones or...
- How is Arthritis Diagnosed?
Arthritis is the common term used to describe over a hundred types of ailments that affect the joints. There are several causes of arthritis including physical wear and tear, autoimmunity, infections, and faulty metabolism, among others. Arthritis is a progressive disease with no known cure.Common...
- Reasons Why You Need Spinal Stenosis Surgery
Spinal stenosis is a situation where the vertebrae in the spine come close together and lie on one or more of the spinal nerves which come from the spinal cord. When this occurs, the individual may experience various symptoms such as:Numbness and a tingling sensationThe spinal nerves emerge from the...
- Dr. Jan-eric Esway MD4701 SPOTSYLVANIA PKWY STE 203 FREDERICKSBURG VA 22407
- Dr. David A Zijerdi M.D.3310 Fall Hill Ave Fredericksburg VA 22401
- Dr. Kurt Roland Larson M.D.2800 Wellford St Fredericksburg VA 22401
- Dr. Michael B. O'brien M.D.501 Park Hill Dr Fredericksburg VA 22401
- Dr. Raymond Stanley Kirchmier M.D.2800 Wellford St Fredericksburg VA 22401
- Dr. Philip S. Harry M.D.501 Park Hill Dr Fredericksburg VA 22401