Dr. Andrew P. Desjardins M.D.
Emergency Physician7901 Frost Street San Diego California, 92123
Patronus provides comprehensive, private health management and medical care via a single point of contact anytime, anywhere, and in any situation.
Importantly, our physicians, having served the President of the United States and other senior officials, recognize the importance of security, discretion and a “solutions oriented” mindset.
As a result, Patronus clients have access to us through one secure, direct point of contact, any time, from anywhere in the world. Whether you are seeking active private health management, mobile access through telemedicine and telehealth solutions, preventative health care and wellness planning, chronic condition management, medical travel planning or emergency and risk management solutions, we are confident that you will find Patronus has developed a solution that fully meets your needs.
Education and Training
MD at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1991
Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medic 1991
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1991
American Board of Emergency Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Health Professions Scholarship
- Genomics, Wellness, Functional Medicine, Emergency Care, Travel Medice, Aerospace Medicine
- NASA Flight Surgeon- Aerospace Medicine 1992-1994
Professional Society Memberships
- Chief Medical Director of Patronus Medical Private Health Management, American Board of Emergency Medicine, American Telemedicine Association, American College of Emergency Physicians, Aerospace Medical Association
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Golf, The Beach, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American College of Emergency Physicians
Dr. Andrew P. Desjardins M.D.'s Practice location
- What Is Epistaxis?
What is epistaxis?Epistaxis or commonly called a nosebleed is defined as a type of bleeding that occurs from the nostrils, the nasal cavity, or the nasopharynx. Nosebleeds are mostly caused by the rupture of blood vessels inside the nose. Bleeding may be spontaneous or caused by injuries or trauma....
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- Dr. Scott J. Krishel M.D.11665 Avena Pl San Diego CA 92128
- Dr. Mark Vernon Olcott MD10666 N TORREY PINES RD LA JOLLA CA 92037
- Dr. Matthew Kurlan D.O.519 Encinitas Blvd. Encinitas CA 92024
- Dr. Kimberly A. Longmire M.D.11665 Avena Pl San Diego CA 92128
- Dr. Donald J Butera MD5555 Grossmont Center Drive La Mesa CA 91942
- Dr. Gordon Appelbaum M.D.4647 Zion Ave San Diego CA 92120