Enas Shanshen, MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease400 N 9th St Floor 2 Springfield IL, 62702
Dr. Enas Shanshen is a cardiologist practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Shanshen specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Shanshen also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Cardiology
Enas Shanshen, MD's Practice location
Springfield, IL 62702Get Direction
- Digoxin and Common Brands
Generic Name: DigoxinBrand Names: Cardoxin, Lanoxin, Digitek, LanoxicapsWhat is digoxin?Digoxin is derived from the digitalis plant leaves. It helps in making the heartbeat stronger along with a more regular rhythm pattern. Digoxin is mostly used for treating individuals who suffer from heart...
- What Is Raynaud’s Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Raynaud’s disease?Raynaud’s disease, also known as Raynaud’s syndrome or Raynaud’s phenomenon, is a rare blood vessel disorder described by a French physician named Maurice Raynaud in 1862. In this condition, the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the...
- Too Much Sitting May Increase the Chance of Dying
Too Much Sitting May Increase the Chance of Dying “Spending too much time sitting may increase the odds of dying due to any cause”, says a new study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine. The chances of dying from any cause increases by as much as 40% in people who spend a lot of time...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lupus
What is lupus?Lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus is an autoimmune disorder that may affect skin, kidneys, brain, and other organs. According to Lupus Foundation of America, about 1.5 million people in U.S. have lupus. This condition is seen more in women than in men....
- What Are the Heart Health Benefits of Arginine?
Arginine is an essential amino acid that has been in the spot light among hundreds of other nutrients because of its benefits to the heart. For many people diagnosed with heart disease, the heart-healthy benefits of this nutrient have come to the forefront. Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid...
- Long Commutes May Lead to Poor Health
A study published in, American Journal of Preventive Medicine, shows that people who commute long distances to work tend to have poor health. People who traveled more than 15 miles a day were more likely to be obese and had more belly fat, when compared to people who traveled less than 5 miles to...
- John B. Gill M.D.401 E Carpenter St Springfield IL 62702
- Javier Francisco Yuvienco M.D.800 N 1st St Springfield IL 62702
- John E. Nester M.D.900 N 1st St Springfield IL 62702
- Soliman A Soliman MD800 N 1st St Springfield IL 62702
- Michael Hyun-ook Kim MD747 N RUTLEDGE ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62702
- Adeeb Ahmed MD800 N 1st St Springfield IL 62702