Richard W. Bowen, DDS is a dentist with his own private practice in Columbus, Ohio. With over 40 years of experience, he specializes in cosmetic dentistry, implants and comprehensive dentistry. Dr. Bowen was educated at Ohio State University before completing an internship and residency at Case Western Reserve University. He is certified by the American Board of General Dentistry and is a professional member of the American Dental Association, the Columbus Dental Society, the International College of Dentists, the American Academy of Implant Dentistry and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Education and Training
DDS at Ohio State University
American Board of General Dentistry
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local and Regional Public Speaking -
- Case Western Reserve University
- Case Western Reserve University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association, Columbus Dental Society, International College of Dentists, American Academy of Implant Dentistry, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
What do you attribute your success to?
- Continuing education, lifetime learner, Spears study club and excellent patient care.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- All major dental publications and research
Dr. Richard W. Bowen DDS's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Richard W. Bowen DDS | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Richard W. Bowen DDS's reviewsWrite Review
- Frequent Smoking and Lack of Sleep Can Lead to Gum Disease
Studies show that smoking and lack of sleep are two factors that affect the progression of gum disease. “The study shows that other than brushing and flossing, there are lifestyle factors that may affect the dental health of a person”, says Preston D. Miller Jr., DDS, president of the American...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Do I need to get my Wisdom Teeth Pulled?
Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure used to remove one or more of the adult teeth present at the back of the mouth. It is usually done by an oral surgeon or a dentist. It is often done by opening the gum tissue over the tooth and then taking out the bone covering the tooth. The tissue...
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...
- What Are the Best Home Remedies for Dry Mouth?
Ever felt your mouth suddenly going dry and the need to reach for some water to get rid of the dryness? This is a condition that may occur to you frequently. It is called, fittingly enough, dry mouth. Dry mouth is a condition that can occur due to reduced amounts of saliva in the mouth. Dry mouth is...
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Brooke H. Buller538 Polaris Pkwy. Westerville OH 43082
- Jennifer Elizabeth Taylor CNP4834 Socialville-Foster Rd Mason OH 45040
- Dr. Eric Paul Buck DDS5142 Blazer Pkwy Dublin OH 43017
- Dr. Dimple Kotwani DDS79 Thurman Ave Columbus Ohio 43206
- Dr. John W. Johnson DDS5121 Forest Dr New Albany OH 43054
- Dr. Pamela Gant D.D.S.116 N. Hamilton Rd. Gahanna OH 43230