Dr. Juan Holguin is a general surgeon practicing in Waterbury, Connecticut. Dr. Holguin specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Holguin provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
MD at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine
American Board of Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Teaching at Medical Schools -
- Waterbury, Connecticut
- Bariatrics at Waterbury Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American College of Surgeons, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- Co-Authored in "Robotic Text"
What do you attribute your success to?
- Great training, great mentors, his fellowship training with the first doctor to do laparoscopic surgery.
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association, Journal of the American College of Surgeons
- Waterbury Hospital
Juan Diego Holguin's Practice location
Waterbury, Connecticut 6705Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Juan Diego Holguin | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Juan Diego Holguin's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- 3 Reasons Why You Would Need a Hysterectomy
The uterus or womb, which nurtures and gestates a growing fetus till it becomes mature enough for delivery, can also become the source of life-threatening complications that require surgical intervention. There are at least three prominent reasons why a hysterectomy (uterus removal) might be...
- What are Kidney Stones: Get the Facts
Kidney stones is a condition that's rate of infection is increasing every day especially in people aged between 20 and 40 years old. Statistics have indicated that around 20 percent of the world's population suffer from kidney stones. Among these, 20 percent are men while 10 percent are women. ...
- Treatments For Pleurisy
Pleurisy is a treatable condition with a very good prognosis. The aims in the management of pleurisy are to relieve the symptoms and treat the underlying cause of pleurisy.Relieving the SymptomsPleurisy is the inflammation of the pleural membranes that line your lungs and the inner chest wall. The...
- What Are the Side Effects of Gallbladder Surgery?
The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ located between the liver and small intestine. Even though it plays a big role in digestion, a person can live a normal life without it. This means that the gallbladder can be discarded without necessarily affecting the functionality of other organs. If...
- Dr. Carlos A. Barba M.D.800 W Jefferson St Brownsville Texas 78520
- Dr. Noubar M. Kevorkian MD100 Grand Street New Britain Connecticut 06052
- Stanley J. Dudrick40 Beecher Street Naugatuck Connecticut 06770
- Mr. Terrence K Donahue MD40 Hart Street New Britain CT 06052
- Dr. Roselle Eisma Crombie M.D./M.P.H750 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Nicholas Verdura M.D.64 Robbins St Waterbury CT 06721