Paul Abend, DO, FAAPM&R, is an established physical medicine and rehabilitation and pain management physician working with Consultants in Rehabilitation and Pain Medicine in Warren, New Jersey. He is also affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Rutgers University Hospital, Saint Peter's Healthcare System and JFK Medical Center. Dr. Abendï¿½s areas of expertise include pain management, physical medicine, rehabilitation, Parkinson's disease, stroke, neuropathy, and orthopedic neurology. He received his doctorate of osteopathic medicine at Drew University, Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine. Additionally, he is certified by The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the the American Board of Family Medicine. Dr. Abend is also a fellow of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Education and Training
Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
Umdnj-Sch Of Osteo Med- Stratford Nj 1987
The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
American Board of Family Medicine
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lectures Residents Continually at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital -
- Jefferson Award for Medicine (Autism)
- Citizen of the Year from Warren, New Jersey
- Evelyn Aronow Dolan Citizen's Award
- Massachusetts General World Renowned Doctor- 2015
- Governor of NJ's Highest Award for the Promotion of Recreation for the Disabled
- 2015 Dr. Margaret L. Bauman Award for Excellence
- Jfk Med Ctr, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation; St Peter'S Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- Chief Resident, Physical Medicine and Rehab at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Sports Medicine Fellowship
What do you attribute your success to?
- Being a visionary.
Hobbies / Sports
- Rugby, Autism Work
Dr. Paul Abend DO's Practice location
Warren, New Jersey 07059Get Direction
METUCHEN, NJ 08840Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Paul Abend DO | Physiatrist (Physical Medicine)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Paul Abend DO's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- What Happens During a Laminectomy?
What is a laminectomy?You may experience back pain that affects your day-to-day activities. Your doctor may recommend that you undergo a surgical procedure called laminectomy.Laminectomy is a surgical operation, in which the lamina is removed. This helps relieve pressure that is exerted on the nerve...
- Symptoms or Signs of Arthritis
Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to humans. Arthritis can affect people and children of all ages. The pain and stiffness of the joints are serious symptoms indicating that the person may have some serious type of arthritis that needs urgent treatment. If the person delays the visit to...
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- What Is Bursitis: Get the Facts
There are conditions that we experience or live with in our life. Moreover, we tend to assume that most of them are normal or of no much importance. Some of these conditions or feelings in our bodies may later cause bigger problems and it is necessary to understand them and their sources. It is also...
- Tips on Living with Lower Back Pain
There are a variety of causes as to why you are experiencing lower back pain. Back pain may result from underlying health conditions such as connective tissue diseases, which include different types of arthritis, fibromyalgia syndrome, or sciatica (nerve root pain). Lower back pain can also be...
- Dr. Caroline O. McCagg M.D.65 JAMES ST EDISON NJ 08820
- Dr. Nickhil Gupta D.O.250 STELTON RD STE 3 PISCATAWAY NJ 08854
- Mr. Ramesh Shridhar Ghanekar MD515 State Route 27 Iselin New Jersey 08830
- Dr. Mary Leonide Sipski MD299 LONGVIEW RD FAR HILLS NJ 07931
- Dr. Jessica S. Miller MD3 Hospital Plaza Old Bridge New Jersey 08857
- Dr. Philip Ceraulo DO10 Parsonage Rd Edison NJ 08820