Dr. Barbara Uzzell is a psychologist practicing in Pearland, TX. Dr. Uzzell specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Uzzell evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Uzzell because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Education and Training
PhD at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Dual isolated constant current source for stimulating two brain sites.
- Chronic low-level mercury exposure and neuropsychological functioning.
- Decreases in 40-Hz EEG activity in the olfactory bulb following -irradiation of the cat.
- Correlation of long-term follow-up neurologic, psychologic, and cranial computed
- Spectrum subtraction technique for minimizing extracranial influence on cerebral blood flow measurements by 133xenon inhalation.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- National and International- Radio Interviews, Talks and Workshops -
Dr. Barbara P. Uzzell PHD's Practice location
SUGAR LAND, TX 77478Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Barbara P. Uzzell PHD | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Barbara P. Uzzell PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Authoritative Parenting Healthy?
A Brief HistoryDiane Baumrind, a clinical and developmental psychologist, first defined authoritative parenting style in a system that classifies how parents raise their children. According to Baumrind, parenting has three major approaches, which are:...
- How This Barber Caters to Those with Autism
Frankel Antoine, a 24-year-old licensed barber, gives free haircuts to people with autism. He is passionate about his work, which was inspired by his brother, 19-year-old Amos, who has autism and does not speak. In the beginning, Antoine would give his brother haircuts at their home, understanding...
- Have You Heard About the Various Types of Depression?
Depression is a state of mind wherein people feel sad, anxious, and upset all the time. It is a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks, feels, and behaves. Depression happens when people's thoughts turn completely negative and they later become distant avoiding any form of social...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a psychotherapy treatment that involves a direct and practical approach to solving problems. It is short-term and focuses on changing the behavioral and thinking patterns of an individual so as to change the way he or she is feeling. It has proved to be...
- How Did Chris Cornell Die?
Chris Cornell, known for his four-octave vocal range, presence in the grunge music scene, and lead vocal works with Soundgarden and Audioslave, was pronounced dead in Detroit, Michigan on Wednesday, May 17th, 2017.The Wayne County Medical Examiner’s office’s statement, issued Thursday, May 18th,...
- How Are Family Members Affected by Eating Disorders?
People suffering from eating disorders go through intense pain and suffering. But they don’t go through this alone. Family member and friends also go through the pain. It is usually tough on someone to watch a loved one destroy themselves slowly when there is little they can do to help without...
- Dr. Pauline Amos Clansy EDD8303 Southwest Freeway Houston TX 77074
- Dr. Sandra L. Hotz PH.D.1315 St Joseph Pkwy Houston TX 77002
- Dr. Nancy Johnson Warren PHD26A Bee Street Charleston South Carolina 29425
- Dr. Blythe TwoSisters PSY.D.5445 Almeda Rd Houston Texas 77004
- Dr. Summer D. Ott PSY.D.6400 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Mark C. Wilde PSY.D.7710 Beechnut St Ste 206 Houston TX 77074