Andrew J. Lancia, MD is a psychiatrist and assistent professor for the University of Illinois College of Medicince at Peoria. He is also the medical director of UnityPoint Behavioral Health Intergrated Services of Hospital Based Programs (Methodist Campus) and Department Chair of UnityPoint Behavioral Health at Methodist. He has five years of experience specializing in psychosomatic medicine. Dr. Lancia was educated at Creighton University and completed an residency at the University of Iowa. In order to stay up-to-date in his field, he maintains professional memberships with the American Psychological Association and the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine. Dr. Lancia is also the recipient of a number of awards, including the Golden Apple Award for In-Patient Education, Outstanding Achievement Award from the Behavioral Health Society, a Commonwealth Award, an Outstanding Teacher Award. a Scholarship award, and a Faculty Teaching award.
Education and Training
MD at Creighton University
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local and Regional- Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois -
- Golden Apple Award for Inpatient Education- 2014
- Outstanding Achievement Award in Integrating Behavioral Health into Primary Care, Illinois Psychiatry Society- January 24, 2015
- Commonwealth Award- 2014 & 2015
- Outstanding Teacher Award- November 13, 2013
- Scholarship Award- June 5, 2014
- Faculty Teaching Award- June 29, 2012
- Above and Beyond- 2007
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association, Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine
Articles and Publications
Lancia, A. J., Williams, E. A., McKnight, L.V., Zahm, D. S. Vulnerabilities of ventral mesencephalic neurons projecting to the nucleus accumbens following infusions of 6-hydroxydopamine into the medial forebrain bundle in the rat. Brain Research. 2004 Jan 30. 997(1): 119-127.
Tan, Y., Lancia, A. J., Zahm, D. S. On the altered expression of tyrosine hydroxylase and calbindin-D 28kD immunoreactivities and viability of neurons in the ventral tegmental area of Tsai following injections of 6-hydroxydopamine in the medial forebrain bundle in the rat. Brain Research. 2000 Jun 30. 869(1-2): 56-68.
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard work, good education and his mentors Dr. Malin and Dr. Black.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family Time
Favorite professional publications
- Psychosomatics Journal, Journal of the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine
Andrew Lancia's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Andrew Lancia | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Andrew Lancia's reviewsWrite Review
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- What Is Munchausen Syndrome?
IntroductionThe Munchausen syndrome is regarded as a factitious disorder. It is a type of mental disorder, wherein people pretend to have certain physical or psychological symptoms in them. People who are between the ages 20-40 years old are more prone to developing the disorder. Men who have few...
- What Is Erectile Dysfunction: Get the Facts
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition in which a man is unable to get or maintain an erection long enough during sexual activity to satisfy his sexual needs. The condition was referred as impotence before medical research highlighted the underlying causes. Most men encounter erection problems at...
- How to Know if Your Child Has ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of those complex mental disorders that can negatively affect a child’s success in education and the relationship with other children. ADHD symptoms usually vary and are sometimes hard to be recognized since most children will exhibit them at...
- Is ADHD More Common Among Boys or Girls?
Why are boys diagnosed with ADHD more often?Despite both genders being at equal risk, boys tend to be diagnosed more often because the symptoms they display due to the illness are more obvious and easily spotted. Boys display externalized symptoms, such as running around a little too much or...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- Dr. Ghassan Bitar MD11221 N Jason Dr Dunlap Illinois 61525
- John M. Moloney7501 North University Street Peoria Illinois 61614
- Dr. Stephen Judd Krieg M.D.221 Ne Glen Oak Ave Peoria IL 61636
- Suparna Basu MD228 NE JEFFERSON AVE PEORIA IL 61603
- Dr. Morgyn Beckman M.D.221 Ne Glen Oak Avenue Peoria IL 61636
- Mrs. Christine Bowers MD4719 N Sheridan Road Peoria IL 61614