Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa, MD is an anesthesiologist and pain management physician working with HEAG Pain Management Center in North Carolina. With over 26 years of experience, he specializes in anesthesia, pain management and critical care. Dr. Gyarteng-Dakwa was educated at Volgograd State Medical University, completed an internship at Howard University and a fellowship at Yale School of Medicine. In order to stay current in his field, he maintains active memberships with the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the North Carolina Society of Anesthesiologists and the Society of Critical Care Medicine.
Education and Training
MD at Volgograd State Medical University
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local- Associate Professor for 4 Years -
- Howard University- 2000
- Yale School of Medicine- 2001
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, North Carolina Society of Anesthesiologists, Society of Critical Care Medicine
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work and dedication to his patients and their continued care.
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association, Practical Pain Management Journal
Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa's reviewsWrite Review
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia: Causes, Symptoms, and Management
Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) refers to pneumonia that develops in people with very less or no contact with any medical setting such as a hospital or clinic. Most of the time, the people who are infected with CAP are healthy individuals.Background of the DiseaseFour million cases...
- Does Ultherapy Really Tighten Skin?
What is it?Ultherapy is the only FDA approved non-surgical procedure done to lift the skin of the neck, chins and brow. It is not a surgery; it is not an injection or laser. It is an ultrasound therapy. This technique uses ultrasound to guide the clinician to the directed are of the skin where they...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- David Russell Maynard 23 Kelvington Court Greensboro North Carolina 27410
- Dr. James T. Massagee MD 3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. David C. Joslin MD 3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. David A. Crews MD 3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. Gregory Hannibal Crisp MD 1236 Huffman Mill Rd Burlington NC 27215
- Dr. Matthew John Belan MD 600 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21287