Dr. Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa is an anesthesiologist practicing in Greensboro, NC. Dr. Gyarteng-Dakwa ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Gyarteng-Dakwa also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
MD at Volgograd State Medical University
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local- Associate Professor for 4 Years -
- Howard University- 2000
- Yale School of Medicine- 2001
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, North Carolina Society of Anesthesiologists, Society of Critical Care Medicine
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work and dedication to his patients and their continued care.
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association, Practical Pain Management Journal
Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa, MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa, MD | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa, MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Tahini Health Benefits
Tahini is a condiment made from sesame seeds. It can be served as spread or dip, but can be also a major ingredient when making hummus, halva, or baba ganoush. The main ingredient of tahini is sesame seeds, and when it is purely made from grounded sesame seeds, it is called raw tahini.Tahini can be...
- Is Going Gluten Free Really Helpful for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Gluten is a general term that is used to describe a family of proteins found in grains such as wheat, rye, barley, spelt, durum, and emmer. By far, the most commonly consumed gluten-containing grain is wheat. Gluten is present in various types of food and acts like glue, holding foods together and...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- David Russell Maynard23 Kelvington Court Greensboro North Carolina 27410
- Dr. James T. Massagee MD3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. David C. Joslin MD3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. David A. Crews MD3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. Kyle E. Jackson MD3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. Matthew John Belan MD600 N Wolfe St Baltimore MD 21287