Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa, MD
Anesthesiologist1305 W Wendover Ave Suite A Greensboro NC, 27408
Dr. Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa is an anesthesiologist practicing in Greensboro, NC. Dr. Gyarteng-Dakwa ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Gyarteng-Dakwa also might help manage pain after an operation.
Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa, MD's Videos
Education and Training
MD at Volgograd State Medical University
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local- Associate Professor for 4 Years -
- Howard University- 2000
- Yale School of Medicine- 2001
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, North Carolina Society of Anesthesiologists, Society of Critical Care Medicine
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work and dedication to his patients and their continued care.
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association, Practical Pain Management Journal
Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa, MD's Practice location
Greensboro, NC 27408Get Direction
- Fibromyalgia: Dietary Guidelines to Reduce Your Symptoms
Although there is no prescribed diet for the treatment of fibromyalgia symptoms, many individuals find that changes in their food intake — quality and quantity — impact the severity of their symptoms. An awareness of what you are eating is a key to understand how food impacts your...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- David Russell Maynard23 Kelvington Court Greensboro North Carolina 27410
- Dr. David A. Crews MD3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. David C. Joslin MD3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. James T. Massagee MD3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. Kyle E. Jackson MD3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. Elliott Fennell Williams MD401 Ferndale Blvd High Point NC 27262