Dr. Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa is an anesthesiologist practicing in Greensboro, NC. Dr. Gyarteng-Dakwa ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Gyarteng-Dakwa also might help manage pain after an operation.
Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa, MD's Videos
Education and Training
MD at Volgograd State Medical University
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local- Associate Professor for 4 Years -
- Howard University- 2000
- Yale School of Medicine- 2001
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, North Carolina Society of Anesthesiologists, Society of Critical Care Medicine
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work and dedication to his patients and their continued care.
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association, Practical Pain Management Journal
Kwadwo Gyarteng-Dakwa, MD's Practice location
- Support Groups for Muscular Dystrophy: Finding Genuine Connection and Understanding
A lot of people are suffering from muscular dystrophy (MD). The most common forms of MD in children are Duchenne and Becker, and about 400 to 500 boys are born with these in the United States each year. About 70,000 people in the UK suffer from MD. This condition, which is usually acquired by people...
- Which Conditions Are Linked with Mesenteric Adenitis?
Mesenteric adenitis, also called as mesenteric lymphadenitis, is a condition that causes swelling and inflammation in the abdominal lymph nodes. This condition usually affects children and adolescents.Lymph nodes are small glands that are part of the lymphatic system. They contain a type of white...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- David Russell Maynard23 Kelvington Court Greensboro North Carolina 27410
- Dr. David A. Crews MD3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. David C. Joslin MD3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. James T. Massagee MD3625 N Elm St Greensboro NC 27455
- Dr. Matthew John Belan MD1200 N ELM ST GREENSBORO NC 27401
- Dr. Elliott Fennell Williams MD401 Ferndale Blvd High Point NC 27262