Wasim Khan, MD, FACC, is an established pediatric cardiologist serving patients at Akron Children?s Hospital in Akron, Ohio. He is also an associate professor of pediatrics and the director of advanced cardiac imaging at the Heart Center of the hospital. Dr. Khan studied for his medical degree at Dow Medical College, University of Karachi and graduated in 1991. He further completed his internship at St. Luke?s Roosevelt Hospital Center and his residency in paediatrics at Howard University Hospital in Washington, DC. Dr. Khan is also fellowship trained in pediatric cardiology at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, New York, Down State University Hospital in New York and Rainbow Babies & Children?s Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. Additionally, he is certified in pediatric cardiology by the American Board of Pediatrics and is a member of the American Society of Echocardiography, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Cardiology and the Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Associations.
Education and Training
MD at Dow Medical College
Dow Med College University Of Karachi Pakistan 1991
Karachi Medical and Dental College
The American Board of Pediatrics
The American Board of Pediatrics- Pediatric Oncology
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Heart Disease
- Birth Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Kawasaki Disease
- Univ Hosp Of Cleveland, Pediatric Cardiology; Strong Mem Hsp U Rochester, Pediatric Cardiology; St Luke'S-Roosevelt Hsp Ctr, Pediatrics
- Howard University College of Medicine- 1998, General Pediatrics at Nyack Hospital/Columbia University
- St. Luke's?Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital, Strong Memorial Children's Hospital- 2004
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Echocardiography, American Academy of Pediatrics, American College of Cardiology, Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- The support and encouragement from his mother, wife and children.
Hobbies / Sports
- Exercise, Movies
Dr. Wasim Khan M.D.'s Practice location
Akron, Ohio 44308Get Direction
Danville, PA 17822Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Wasim Khan M.D. | Cardiologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Wasim Khan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Khan
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- Dr. Fareed Ahmad M.D.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822
- Dr. Shirah Shore MD100 N ACADEMY AVE DANVILLE PA 17822
- Dr. Robert A. Mangano M.D.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822
- Dr. Michele P. Monaco M.D.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822
- Dr. John C. Ring M.D.100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822
- Dr. Avnit Golten MD100 N Academy Ave Danville PA 17822