OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)318 Merrie Hunt Drive Lutherville-Timonium Maryland, 21093
Private practice in tripoli lebanon
Obstetrics and gynecology attending at medstar franklin square medical center
Education and Training
MD at The University of Maryland
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Nationally Teaches Residents -
- Award of excellence from lebanese order of physician tripoli lebanon
- Award of recognition for services from geriatric society lebanon
- Award of excellence from surgical society tripoli lebanon
Professional Society Memberships
- American college of obstetrics and gynecology , lebanese order of physicians-tripoli lebanon , surgical society of tripoli lebanon , lebanese society of obstetrics and gynecology ,
What do you attribute your success to?
Her love of the profession
Offering prenatal care and health education for the underpriviladged women in tripoli
Teaching and speaking
teaches residents of obstetrics and gynecology
lectures at the lebanese order of physicians
organised many medical and surgical congresses in tripoli lebanon
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Doctor Travels Every Three Months to Lebanon Where She Has a Practice There for the Past 3 Years
Favorite professional publications
- Green Journal
Basma Abdo's Practice location
Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland 21093Get Direction
- Lifestyle Changes After Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer can be very daunting to a person. Once cancer is detected, the person goes through a lot of invasive surgeries, chemotherapies, radiation, and medications, which are not only physically draining but can also change the whole perspective of how one looks at their body. However, once...
- What are the Treatment Options for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?
Polycystic ovary syndrome, or PCOS, is a hormonal disorder in women that may cause menstrual problems and issues with pregnancy. It is caused by imbalance of reproductive hormones which create problems in the ovaries. As a part of healthy menstrual cycle each month the ovaries release an egg. With...
- Suffering from Constant Nausea? Here's What It Could Be
IntroductionNausea is an unpleasant feeling that is usually experienced before vomiting. Constant or persistent nausea is characterized by feeling nauseous for more than 24 hours. Although nausea and vomiting often come together, vomiting may occur without feeling nauseous and nausea can occur...
- What is an Abnormal Pap Smear?
A Pap smears is a test used to detect unwanted or abnormal cells in a woman's cervix. This test helps to identity if a woman has cervical cancer. Abnormal Pap smears do not positively indicate cervical cancer, however, they can detect any changes in the cervix that can be a sign of cervical cancer....
- The Benefits and Risks of an IUD
What is an intrauterine device or IUD?An intrauterine device or IUD is a tiny, T-shaped birth control device. It is basically a plastic device, which is wrapped in copper. It also contains certain hormones. An IUD is inserted into the uterus by a doctor. There is a plastic string tied to the end of...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Dr. Chastity Takoma Edwards MD Essex Maryland 21221
- Dr. Trevor Wing Other1901 Hammonds Ferry Rd Halethorpe MD 21227
- Mrs. Teresa Diaz-Montes M.D., M.H.S.227 Saint Paul St Baltimore MD 21202
- Dr. Sang Ho Rhee M.D.5601 Loch Raven Blvd Baltimore MD 21239
- Dr. Karen Perkins M.D.5310 Old Court Rd Randallstown MD 21133
- Ms. Maryann Wilbur MD1800 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287