Bruce D. Barton, MD is a neurologist with his own private practice in Boca Raton, Florida and is also affiliated with the West Boca Medical Center. Holding over 26 years of experience, he specializes in general neurology, headaches and electromyography. Dr. Barton was educated at the University of Miami prior to completing an internship, residency and fellowship all at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Additionally, he has received the Top Doctor Award every year since 2008 and is an active member of the American Medical Association.
Education and Training
MD at University of Miami
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1984
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine 1985
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Chief of Medicine at Delray Medical Center- 1996-2004 -
- Chief of Staff at Delray Medical Center- 1996-2004 -
- Guest Lecturer for Migraines -
- Recieved the Top Doctor Award Consecutively from 2008 to Present
- Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, Internal Medicine
- Jackson Memorial Hospital/Jackson Health System Program
- Neurology Residency at Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Internal Medicine at Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Electromyography at Jackson Memorial Hospital- 1990
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- His excellent training and good work ethic. His ability to communicate with his patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family Activities, Watching Sports, Golfing
Favorite professional publications
- Practical Neurology Journal
- West Boca Medical Center
Dr. Bruce D. Barton M.D.'s Practice location
Boca Raton, Florida 33428Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Bruce D. Barton M.D. | Neurologist | Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Bruce D. Barton M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barton
- Robin Williams' Secret Battle with Lewy Body Dementia
What is Lewy body dementia?Lewy body dementia is a progressive neurological disease characterized by an abnormal buildup of proteins called Lewy bodies in the brain cells involved in memory, thinking, behavior, and movement. This protein buildup is also associated with Parkinson’s disease....
- The Battle with Insurance for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Coverage
With FDA approval of Duchenne therapies, it's not far off to believe that insurance companies would change their policies and make insurance coverage for these therapies easy. However, there is still is an increasing rate of denials from insurance companies for life-saving treatments and medical...
- Is Tramadol a Narcotic?
Most tramadol users are not aware of the drug's specifications. Therefore, there is always confusion as to whether tramadol is a narcotic or not. The truth of the matter is that this medicine works like a narcotic but is not categorized as one. It is only referred to as "narcotic-like".Tramadol is...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Absence Epilepsy
Epilepsy is a disorder of the nervous system that causes seizures. Absence seizures, also called petit mal seizures, are brief seizures which usually last for 15 seconds or less. These seizures are so short that symptoms may not even be noticed. However, if an absence seizure is accompanied by loss...
- What Is a Massive Stroke?
A massive stroke occurs when the blood flow to the brain is interrupted. This deprives the brain tissues of enough oxygen. This may have devastating consequences. Usually, a massive stroke is fatal, making the recovery long and delicate. However, if a quick response is made, the victim can...
- Dr. Thomas C. Hammond MD50 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach FL 33064
- Dr. Nils H. Mueller-kronast M.D.5162 Linton Blvd Delray Beach FL 33484
- Dr. Edward H Kaplan M.D.2900 N Military Trl Boca Raton FL 33431
- Dr. Tanushree Roy M.D201 Nw 82nd Ave Fort Lauderdale FL 33324
- Dr. Joel D Stein DO4109 North Federal Highway Fort Lauderdale FL 33308
- Dr. Bradley Whitman MD2229 N. Commerce Pkwy Fort Lauderdale FL 33326