Dr. Daniel K. Kurica M.D.
Ophthalmologist370 Belle Grove Dr Laplace LA, 70068
Dr. Daniel Kurica is an ophthalmologist practicing in Laplace, LA. Dr. Kurica specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Kurica can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Kurica can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Louisiana State University
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans 2005
American Board of Ophthalmology
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Internal Medicine at Ochsner Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, New Orleans Academy of Ophthalmology
What do you attribute your success to?
- His strong educational background at Louisiana State University and he feels honored to have the opportunity to care for the patients in his area.
Hobbies / Sports
- Golfing, Spending Time With His Family
Dr. Daniel K. Kurica M.D.'s Practice location
LA PLACE, LA 70068Get Direction
Dr. Daniel K. Kurica M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kurica
- 6 Helpful Tips for Good Eye Health
Nutrients for good visionMany studies have show that nutrients, like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E help to prevent eye disorders associated with aging.Some foods that may help to maintain eye health include:...
- What Are Congenital Cataracts?
Cataracts can be present at birth – which is termed as congenital, and in other cases can develop later in life. Various studies have shown an estimation that one out of every 250 children will develop a cataract either prior to birth or during childhood. While the exact cause is unknown,...
- Eye Infections: Bacterial, Viral, and Fungal
Eye infections occur when various harmful microorganisms invade the eyes. They can be caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. When suspecting an eye infection, you should go and get a detailed eye examination from an eye doctor. Trying to self-diagnose and even self-treat eye problems and eye...
- What is Color Blindness?
Color blindness is not a real blindness but a deficiency in seeing colors. People having color blindness can’t distinguish between certain colors, like red and green, or blue and yellow. The red and green color deficiency is the most common type of this condition.What causes color blindness?It is...
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- What Causes Iritis?
What is iritis?The colored part of the eye is called the iris. When the iris gets inflamed, the condition is called iritis, which is also called anterior uveitis. The muscles present in the iris help in pupil contraction and relaxation. The anterior and posterior chambers of the eye are also...
- Dr. Neil F. Notaroberto M.D.1939 Hickory Avenue Harahan Louisiana 70123
- Dr. Erin Farrell MD2800 Veterans Memorial Blvd Metairie LA 70002
- Dr. Daniel I Caplan M.D.3409 N Hullen St Metairie LA 70002
- Dr. Shehab Azmy Ebrahim M.D.2701 N CAUSEWAY BLVD METAIRIE LA 70002
- Dr. Ellen C Schneider M.D.4720 South I-10 Service Road Metairie LA 70001
- Dr. William A Perez M.D.4324 Veterans Memorial Blvd Metairie LA 70006