Dr. Daniel Kurica is an ophthalmologist practicing in Laplace, LA. Dr. Kurica specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Kurica can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Kurica can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Louisiana State University
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans 2005
American Board of Ophthalmology
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Ophthalmology at Louisiana State University
- Internal Medicine at Ochsner Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, New Orleans Academy of Ophthalmology
What do you attribute your success to?
- His strong educational background at Louisiana State University and he feels honored to have the opportunity to care for the patients in his area.
Hobbies / Sports
- Golfing, Spending Time With His Family
Dr. Daniel K. Kurica M.D.'s Practice location
LA PLACE, LA 70068Get Direction
Dr. Daniel K. Kurica M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kurica
- What Specialists Treat Cataracts?
Cataracts are defined as the clouding of lens in your eye. The clear lens of your eye becomes increasingly foggy causing a great deal of issues with eyesight. The effects of cataracts can be felt more strongly at night sometimes due to the poor visibility conditions which prevail already. Cataracts...
- What Causes Iritis?
What is iritis?The colored part of the eye is called the iris. When the iris gets inflamed, the condition is called iritis, which is also called anterior uveitis. The muscles present in the iris help in pupil contraction and relaxation. The anterior and posterior chambers of the eye are also...
- Don’t Let Your Computer Strain Your Eyes
What is eyestrain?Eyestrain is a common medical condition characterized by an overuse of the eyes, like when driving a long distance, reading for a couple of hours, or using the computer. Staring at the computer screen for a long period of time will increase discomfort in your eyes.Eyestrain is not...
- Eyelid Twitching and Stress
What is eyelid twitching?Eyelid twitching or myokymia is an involuntary eyelid spasm. The upper lid is usually affected, but spasms can also occur in the lower lid or both lids. Eyelid twitching is often mild for most people. However, others may experience stronger spasms, which may force their lids...
- What Is Astigmatism?
Normally, the eye, cornea, and lens can easily focus light rays on the retina. The disease known asastigmatism is an imperfection in the curvature of the cornea, and it can produce a clear, round dome covering the iris and pupil.The cornea and lens remain smooth and are always curved equally in all...
- What Tests Determine Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is a very unpleasant eye condition that may cause discomfort and pain in the eyes. This disease has to be medically treated. Thus, it’s important to determine the causes and triggers of this disease. If you suspect that you have conjunctivitis, you should visit an ophthalmologist to...
- Dr. Neil F. Notaroberto M.D.1939 Hickory Avenue Harahan Louisiana 70123
- Dr. Daniel I Caplan M.D.3409 N Hullen St Metairie LA 70002
- Dr. Shehab Azmy Ebrahim M.D.2701 N CAUSEWAY BLVD METAIRIE LA 70002
- Dr. Erin Farrell MD2800 Veterans Memorial Blvd Metairie LA 70002
- Dr. Ellen C Schneider M.D.4720 South I-10 Service Road Metairie LA 70001
- Dr. William A Perez M.D.4324 Veterans Memorial Blvd Metairie LA 70006