Dr. John Barczynski practices Periodontics in McKees Rocks, PA. A periodontist is a dentist who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease, and in the placement of dental implants. Dr. Barczynski has expertise in the treatment of oral inflammation and often treats problematic periodontal cases, such as those with severe gum disease or a complex medical history. Some treatments that Dr. Barczynski provides are scaling and root planing and root surface debridement.
Education and Training
BS Degree at Lehigh University College of Engineering
Master Program in Distance Learning Studies With a Business Admnistration Degree
DMD at University of Pittsburgh
American Board of Periodontology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National Teaching -
- Assistant Professor of Periodontics and Clinical Instructor of Periodontics and Oral Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine 1985-2005 -
- Periodontic Consultant, GPR Residency Instructor and Periodontic Resident at the Veteran's Administration Medical Center1986-2005 -
- United States Public Health Service Commissioned Dental Corps 1982-2004 -
- FDH Donated Dental Service Recognition Award 1996-2012
- National Health Service Corps Recognition Award- 2000
- Doctor Robert Nealon Public Health Service Award- 1998
- Named Who's Who in Professional Medicine- 1998
- University of Pittsburgh Dental Medicine Faculty Award- 1995 & 1997
- Presented the NHSC Ten Year Service Award- 1992
- Who's Who Among Rising Young Americans- 1991
- Recipient of the AGD Fellowship Award
- Served as a Commissioned Officer With The United States Public Health Service For 20 Years
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association, American Academy of Periodontology, Pennsylvania Dental Association, Dental Society of Western Pennsylvania, Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society, Pennsylvania Association of Community Health Centers, National Network for Oral Health Access
Articles and Publications
- "Periodontal Medicine- The Potential Effects of Oral Disease Upon Overall Systemic Health", CRAN Courier, Volume 2, Issue 2, Page 6, May 2000
- "Viadent, Ethanol and pH Effects Upon Gingival Epithelial-like Cells, In Vitro", Journal of Periodontology, Volume 58, Page 622, September 1987
- MDS Thesis on File in the Dentistry Collection of the University of Pittsburgh Scaife Library, 171 (Plus 10) Pages, 1987
What do you attribute your success to?
- His parents who instilled a strong work ethic and emphasized the importance of character as well as the support of his co-workers, wife, and kids.
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Playing the Piano, Spending Time With Family
Favorite professional publications
- American Academy of Periodontology Journal
Mr. John L. Barczynski DMD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Mr. John L. Barczynski DMD | Periodontist | Periodontics
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Mr. John L. Barczynski DMD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is There an Ideal Teeth Whitening Product?
Normally, teeth are yellowish in color and are rarely pure white. As white teeth are a popular demand, more and more products have hit the market, claiming to whiten teeth. This includes whitening tooth-pastes, gels, rinses, strips and trays. Teeth whitening is recommended for people with healthy...
- Stay Strong, Live long: The Best Healthy Foods
There is a general consensus that foods are either tasty or healthy, but never both. That's simply not true. Many of us have got into a habit of eating something that is quick. Usually processed. This isn't not a good idea. What can be quicker than washing a few veggies, or a handful of berries and...
- The Color Red Can Boost Your Energy
According to a new study, seeing the color red may help to move the muscles faster and stronger with more force. This new finding may have applications in sports and other activities where a quick boost of energy is required.According to researcher Andrew Elliot, professor of psychology at the...
- Waterlogged Brain and Gauging Parkinson's Disease
For those facing the day in and day out struggle of Parkinson's disease, finding out new information and the latest research can be beneficial to overall health and life enrichment. Statistics and new information within this area certainly brings hopeful news to those troubled with the daily burdens...
- How Can I Control Sleep Talking?
Talking during slumber without being aware of it is very common and is not considered a serious condition. For some people, it is just a series of mumbling, while for others it is in the form of complicated dialogues. It is commonly noted in small children and in males. In most cases, the individual...
- The Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gum Disease
Many diseases interact with rheumatoid arthritis, causing concern for patients and their families. Common diseases that have high comorbidity rates with rheumatoid arthritis are other autoimmune disorders. Lupus is an example of a disorder that might be correlated. Other diseases frequently...
- Dr. Michael C Stypula D.D.S., M.D.S.2555 Washington Road Pittsburgh PA 15241
- Dr. Mark Jerome Weingarden DMD4290 William Flynn Hwy Allison Park PA 15101
- Dr. Ali Seyedain DMD, MDS3501 Terrace Street Pittsburgh PA 15261
- Dr. James H. Meyers D.M.D.3356 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Amber Marie sabbatini Foronda D.M.D.1326 Freeport Road Pittsburgh PA 15238
- Dr. Garry J Bloch DMD355 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15222