Dr. Raul Ramos MD
Colon and Rectal Surgeon540 Madison Oak Drive Suite 370 San Antonio TX, 78258
Dr. Raul Ramos is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Ramos specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Ramos often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
MD at Universidad Autï¿½noma de Nuevo Leï¿½n
Univ Auto De Nuevo Leon- Fac De Med- Monterrey- Nuevo Leon- Mexico 1966
Universidad de Monterrey Facultad de Medicina 1966
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- University of Texas Named A Professorship After Him For Colorectal Cancer Research
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Aerolase® Technologies
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- Mayo Clinic
Professional Society Memberships
- American Cancer Society, American Medical Association, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work and continued education.
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Movies
Favorite professional publications
- British Journal of Surgery
Dr. Raul Ramos MD's Practice location
Dr. Raul Ramos MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ramos
- Colonoscopy: What to Expect During Recovery
A colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure, wherein the rectum and the large intestine are checked. You do not need to stay overnight at the hospital or clinic unless your doctor needs to have additional tests done or needs you to be monitored for a short while.A colonoscopy can be used to identify...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Colonoscopy
Don’t be worried if the doctor suggests you undergo a colonoscopy. Although you might think of it as an awful procedure, it is not. Chances are you won't remember it, since you probably won't be awake. A colonoscopy is a test used by the doctor to examine the inside of the large intestines for...
- Anal Fissures: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Risks
An anal fissure is a the tear or ulcer in the anal canal’s lining. The anal canal forms the end of the large bowel and lies between the rectum and the anus.Symptoms of Anal FissureThe following are the most prominent symptoms of anal fissures:...
- Colon Cancer
What is colon cancer?Colon cancer is cancer of the large intestine, also known as the colon. If the last segment of the colon, the rectum, has a cancerous growth, it is known as rectal carcinoma. These two conditions are collectively referred to as colorectal cancer.Carcinoma of the colon is the...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Randall D Rogers M.D.1303 McCullough Ave San Antonio TX 78212
- Dr. William Cannon Lewis M.D.18707 HARDY OAK BLVD STE 210 SAN ANTONIO TX 78258
- Dr. Jeffrey Robert Toman M.D.315 N San Saba San Antonio TX 78207
- Dr. Jaime Lopez Mayoral MD315 N San Saba San Antonio TX 78207
- Dr. James Prieto MD311 Camden St San Antonio TX 78215
- Dr. Richard Blair Jackson M.D.7950 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229