Dr. Paul Hubbell is an anesthesiologist practicing in METAIRIE, Louisiana. Dr. Hubbell ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Hubbell also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
MD at Creighton University
DDS at Boston University
Louisiana State University School of Dentistry D.D.S.
Creighton University Medical School M.D.
The American Board of Anesthesiology
The American Board of Pain Medicine
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Pain Medicine
Dr. Paul Hubbell M.D.'s Expert Contributions
It depends on the actual agent used, but most anesthesitics will have breakdown products that can be active for a few hours. Paul Hubbell email@example.com READ MORE
Yes the anesthesia was probably given orally and can last from 2 to 6 or even 8 hours. Since there is a lung infection and possible weakness from illness, your child will have a more pronounced effect from sedation, but it will wear off. If not breathing at least 14 times a minute, go to the ER. READ MORE
You need an MRI and a visit to an Interventional Pain doctor or a spine surgeon. There are oral medications, physical therapy and targeted injections that may help you, depending on the cause of your pain. Surgery is usually a last resort, but may be necessary if more conservative measures do not help to reduce the pain and increase function. Paul Hubbell READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- As a Dentist He Was a Clinical Instructor at Boston University -
- Implanted Nerve Stimulators
- Implanted Drug Delivery System
- Intrathecal Pain Therapy
- Epidural Steroid Injection
- Diagnostic Nerve Blocks & Radiofrequency
- Non-Invasive/Percutaneous Discectomy
- Joint Injections
- Vertiflex Spinal Stenosis Treatment
- Regenerative Medicine
- SpineJet Non-Invasive Discectomy
- Board Certified American Board of Pain Medicine
- Board Certified American Board of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Board Certified International Fellow of Interventional Pain
- Professional Member American Society of Interventional Pain Practice
- Professional Member American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Professional Member Jefferson Parish Medical Society
- Professional Member American Neuromodulation Society
- Professional Member Louisiana State Medical Society
- Professional Member Louisiana Society of Anesthesiologists
- Professional Member American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Mayo Clinic Rochester
- Interventional Pain
- VA Central Iowa Health Care System
- 13 Month Program at the Mayo Clinic, Anethesia Resident as a Dentist ar Boston University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, American Medical Association, American Society of Anethesiology
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
When he was a dentist he was in an auto accident suffering a back injury. This event inspired him to change careers, go to medical school and help others who have suffered through similar pain issues.
Hobbies / Sports
- Fishing, Watching NFL & NBA Games
Favorite professional publications
- Pain Medicine Journal, Neuromodulation Journal
Dr. Paul Hubbell M.D.'s Practice location
METAIRIE, Louisiana 70002Get Direction
Marrero, LA 70072Get Direction
Metairie, LA 70002Get Direction
Covington, LA 70433Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Paul Hubbell M.D. | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Paul Hubbell M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hubbell
- What is Color Blindness?
Color blindness is not a real blindness but a deficiency in seeing colors. People having color blindness can’t distinguish between certain colors, like red and green, or blue and yellow. The red and green color deficiency is the most common type of this condition.What causes color blindness?It is...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Eric Inman Royster M.D.2801 NAPOLEON AVE NEW ORLEANS LA 70115
- Dr. Neal Comarda MD3510 N Causeway Blvd Metairie LA 70002
- Dr. Elizabeth I Krenz MD1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Michael Guirguis M.D.2820 Napoleon Ave New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. Michael Yarborough MD1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Chadron Rose MD800 COMMON ST NEW ORLEANS LA 70112