Dr. Paul Hubbell is an anesthesiologist practicing in METAIRIE, Louisiana. Dr. Hubbell ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Hubbell also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
MD at Creighton University
DDS at Boston University
Louisiana State University School of Dentistry D.D.S.
Creighton University Medical School M.D.
The American Board of Anesthesiology
The American Board of Pain Medicine
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Pain Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- As a Dentist He Was a Clinical Instructor at Boston University -
- Implanted Nerve Stimulators
- Implanted Drug Delivery System
- Intrathecal Pain Therapy
- Epidural Steroid Injection
- Diagnostic Nerve Blocks & Radiofrequency
- Non-Invasive/Percutaneous Discectomy
- Joint Injections
- Vertiflex Spinal Stenosis Treatment
- Regenerative Medicine
- SpineJet Non-Invasive Discectomy
- Board CertifiedAmerican Board of Pain Medicine
- Board CertifiedAmerican Board of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Board CertifiedInternational Fellow of Interventional Pain
- Professional MemberAmerican Society of Interventional Pain Practice
- Professional MemberAmerican Academy of Pain Medicine
- Professional MemberJefferson Parish Medical Society
- Professional MemberAmerican Neuromodulation Society
- Professional MemberLouisiana State Medical Society
- Professional MemberLouisiana Society of Anesthesiologists
- Professional MemberAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
- Mayo Clinic Rochester
- Interventional Pain
- VA Central Iowa Health Care System
- 13 Month Program at the Mayo Clinic, Anethesia Resident as a Dentist ar Boston University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, American Medical Association, American Society of Anethesiology
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
When he was a dentist he was in an auto accident suffering a back injury. This event inspired him to change careers, go to medical school and help others who have suffered through similar pain issues.
Hobbies / Sports
- Fishing, Watching NFL & NBA Games
Favorite professional publications
- Pain Medicine Journal, Neuromodulation Journal
- East Jefferson General Hospital
- Ochsner Medical Center - West Bank Campus
- Lakeview Regional Medical Center
Dr. Paul Hubbell M.D.'s Practice location
METAIRIE, Louisiana 70002 Get Direction
Marrero, LA 70072 Get Direction
Metairie, LA 70002 Get Direction
Covington, LA 70433 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Paul Hubbell M.D. | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Paul Hubbell M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hubbell
- What Is DHEA: Health Benefits of DHEA
What is DHEA?DHEA or dehydroepiandrosterone is considered as a prohormone, which is often associated with longevity, body strength, and lean muscle mass in an individual. DHEA is naturally created in the body and has a vital role in various metabolic functions. It is also known as one of the most...
- The Various Working Environments of the Nursing Profession
Despite unpredictable working conditions, long hours and stressful environments, the high pay and industry demands continue to attract a large number of aspiring individuals into the nursing profession– one of the most challenging career paths related to medicine. From a nurse station to...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Eric Inman Royster M.D. 1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Neal Comarda MD 3510 N Causeway Blvd Metairie LA 70002
- Dr. Elizabeth I Krenz MD 1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Lesley Smallwood Walsh M.D. 1301 Medical Center Dr Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Chadron Rose MD 7900 Harwood Ave Milwaukee WI 53213
- Dr. Louis Levin MD 3510 N Causeway Blvd Metairie LA 70002