Meryl S. Leboff, MD, is the director of the Skeletal Health and Osteoporosis Center and Bone Density Unit at Brigham and Women?s Hospital, a multifaceted program that includes research, educational initiatives, clinical care, and bone densitometry. She founded the Skeletal Health and Osteoporosis Center and Bone Density Unit at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) in 1987. As an endocrinologist, Dr. LeBoff specializes in osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease, focusing on causes of secondary osteoporosis and skeletal health ranging from young adulthood to extreme old age. Dr. Leboff was educated at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Medicine, completed a residency at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles County Medical Center and a fellowship at Brigham and Women?s Hospital and Harvard Medical School. Additionally, she is the recipient of numerous awards including the Mary Horrigan Connors Award for Outstanding Leadership in Women?s Health, and placed in the Honor Roll of top 1% doctors in U.S. News and World Report.
Education and Training
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professor of Medicine- Harvard Medical School -
- Top Doctor in Boston
Professional Society Memberships
- Trustee of the National Osteoporosis Foundation
Articles and Publications
- Published 100+
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her passion for studying skeletal health across her life span and improving the life of others by reducing the risk of fractures.
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Skiing, Classical Music
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
Meryl S. Leboff's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Meryl S. Leboff | Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Meryl S. Leboff's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect from Your Endocrinologist if You Have Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid glands are unable to produce adequate amount of thyroid hormones. These hormones are important in maintaining the metabolic rate and energy levels of a person. In some cases, the person may go to a general practitioner for first visit who will then...
- Hyperthyroidism vs. Hypothyroidism
The human body is remarkably complex and involves a synergy of numerous body organs to function properly. Among the little-known organs is the thyroid, found just below the Adam’s apple. It is tiny but it plays a major role in the body. Its function is to synthesize iodine to produce thyroxine...
- Country Singer Ben Rue: "Buck Off Diabetes!"
Diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 14, Ben Rue has learned to live with the chronic condition for most of his adolescence“My mother is a nurse and always brought home little gadgets to test on her boys for fun and so she brought home a blood sugar test one day to test all of us,” recalls Rue....
- Do I Have a Thyroid Problem?
Thyroid problems are very common, affecting millions of people in the country. In most cases, the affected person may not realize that such an issue exists. The thyroid is a very important gland that influences different metabolic processes in the body. Among the different thyroid problems, abnormal...
- How the Smart Insulin Patch is a Breakthrough for Insulin Delivery
Diabetes is a disease that affects an estimated one million people or more in the United states alone. It’s a disease that’s characterized by the body’s inability to make, process or use insulin sufficiently. Diabetes can affect just about anyone but there are risk factors that make some more...
- Life-Saving Canines: Everything You Need to Know About Diabetes Support Dogs
Dogs are indeed man’s best friends. These adorable balls of fur can cheer you up when you are feeling down and keep you company when you are lonely. Admirably, they are also capable of saving lives, such as in the case of bomb-sniffing canines detecting explosive devices, and also ordinary house...
- Dr. Ronald Alfred Arky MD221 Longwood Avenue Boston MA 02115
- Dr. John E. Buster MD800 Washington St. Boston Massachusetts 02111
- Dr. Shun-how Lee MD571 Union Ave Framingham MA 01702
- Dr. Radhika Pushkar Phadke M.D, PHD750 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Alan P Farwell M.D.88 E Newton St # 201 Boston MA 02118
- Dr. David A Cohen MD1 Gustave L Levy Pl New York NY 10029