Dr. John Ballenger is a nephrologist practicing in Sacramento, California. Dr. Ballenger specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Ballenger most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Dr. John R. Ballenger M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
MD at University of Oklahoma
Univ of Ok Coll of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 1974
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine 1974
American Board of Internal Medicine- Nephrology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Instructor, Department of Medicine Division of Nephrology at the University of Washington -
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine at the University of California -
- Top Doctor- 2015
- Presbyterian College- 1975
- Nephrology at University of Washington
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Nephrology, California Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work and continued desire to make a difference in his field.
Hobbies / Sports
- Snow Skiing
Dr. John R. Ballenger M.D.'s Practice location
Sacramento, California 95825Get Direction
- Is There an Early Diagnosis Possible in Hyperkalemia?
The human body is made up of certain minerals, each of which has a role to play to ensure a smooth function of the body. The body is considered healthy and working to its best ability when the prescribed balance of these minerals is maintained. When these minerals are lower or higher than the...
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- Blood in Urine: What is a Urine Test?
When you pee and see a stream of rusty red urine, the sight fills you with a sense of dread. You suspect that the discoloration is due to the presence of blood. A pungent odor may fuel the anxiety. The only way to confirm suspicions is through a urinalysis recommended by a primary caregiver. A...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What are the Early Signs of Lupus?
Systemic lupus erythematosus (also known as lupus) is a condition that usually affects women. It occurs as a result of antibodies or lymphocytes generated against substances that exist in the body. Approximately one out of 2,100 people has the condition.Women are five times more vulnerable to...
- Dr. Adarsh Bhat M.D.151 N Sunrise Ave Roseville CA 95661
- Dr. William Richard Raffo M.D.4150 V St Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Brian Gallay MD2315 Stockton Blvd Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Jamie L. Ross M.D.4150 V St # 3500 Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Maryam Afkarian M.D., PH.D.4150 V ST STE 3500 SACRAMENTO CA 95817
- Dr. Rasik A Patel M.D.1600 Creekside Dr Folsom CA 95630