John B. Gill M.D.
Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology3012 Newport Drive Springfield Illinois, 62702
John B. Gill, MD, is a cardiologist working at Prairie Cardiovascular Consultants in Illinois with over 30 years of experience specializing in structural heart, interventional, and nuclear cardiology. He is also an Associate Clinical Professor at Southern Illinois University and is affiliated with Memorial Medical Center and St. Johnï¿½s Hospital. Educated at McMaster University, Dr. Gill completed a residency at McGill university, a residency at McMaster University, and fellowships at McMaster University/University of Toronto and Massachusetts General Hospital. He is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and is a professional member of the American Medical Association.
Education and Training
Northern Ontario School of Medicine 1978
American Board of Internal Medicine- Cardiology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Clinical Professor at Southern Illinois University -
- Heart Disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- McGill University
- Cardiology at McMaster University/ University of Toronto, Research at Massachusetts General Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Department of Cardiology, American Medical Association
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Mentor he had during his training and the support of his peers.
Hobbies / Sports
- Photography, Riding, Jumping Horses Competitively
John B. Gill M.D.'s Practice location
Springfield, Illinois 62702Get Direction
SPRINGFIELD, IL 62701Get Direction
Springfield, IL 62702Get Direction
- Non-Medical Treatments for High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure, or hypertension, is a critical condition that should be taken very seriously. If left untreated for a long period of time, it can lead to fatal consequences. Many people who suffer from this condition underestimate its significance and do not follow their doctors' orders. It is...
- What Are the Triggers of Atrial Fibrillation?
What are the Triggers of Atrial Fibrillation?Atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) is a condition that affects the upper chambers of the heart, also known as the atria.In a healthy human heart, the electrical impulses pass through the atria through a contraction to the ventricles and fibers to complete a...
- What is the Ideal Cholesterol Level?
Ideal Cholesterol LevelLast week when you went for the regular check up the doctor told you that your ‘bad’ cholesterol levels are high. What does that mean? Is good and bad cholesterol the same thing? Yes, cholesterol is needed for maintaining good health. If the levels of low density...
- Digoxin and Common Brands
Generic Name: DigoxinBrand Names: Cardoxin, Lanoxin, Digitek, LanoxicapsWhat is digoxin?Digoxin is derived from the digitalis plant leaves. It helps in making the heartbeat stronger along with a more regular rhythm pattern. Digoxin is mostly used for treating individuals who suffer from heart...
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Ziad F. Issa619 East Mason Street Springfield Illinois 62701
- John E. Nester M.D.900 N 1st St Springfield IL 62702
- Adeeb Ahmed MD800 N 1st St Springfield IL 62702
- Jack J Hall MD619 E MASON ST STE 4P57 SPRINGFIELD IL 62701
- Wilfred Lam M.D.747 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Donald L. Yakel M.D.800 N. 1st Street Springfield IL 62702