Dr. Jerry Sonkens is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in Waltham, Massachusetts. Dr. Sonkens specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
MS in Anatomy at George Washington University
MD at George Washington University
American Board of Otolaryngology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- National Public Speaking -
- Has Spoken at Johns Hopkins University Teaching Health Education Topics Related to Mind, Body and Spirit Connection. -
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital- 1976
- George Washington University Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American Academy of OtolaryngologyHead and Neck Surgery
Articles and Publications
- Published an Article on Vitamin E Deficiencies in Patients Diagnosed With Muscular Dystrophy
What do you attribute your success to?
- Receiving help and guidance from mentors, the support of his wife of 50 years and his faith in god.
- He is currently working as a volunteer with homeless shelters. He is very passionate about his work and was recently able to provide hearing aids at a reduced rate to the local homeless population.
Hobbies / Sports
- Photography, Teaching and Mentoring Medical Students, Volunteering For the Boy Scouts of America
Favorite professional publications
- American Journal of Otolaryngology
- University of Utah
Jerry Sonkens's Practice location
Waltham, Massachusetts 2452Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Jerry Sonkens | Ear-Nose and Throat Doctor (ENT)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Jerry Sonkens's reviewsWrite Review
Jerry Sonkens received his Doctor of Medicine degree and Master’s Degree of Science in Anatomy from George Washington University in 1972. He then went on to pursue his training at George Washington University Hospital and Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Dr. Sonkens is board-certified in otolaryngology by the American Board of Otolaryngology. He is a member of the American Medical Association and the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, as well as Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Sonkens is a highly trained and qualified otolaryngologist who practiced for over 40 years before retiring from ENT Specialists in Salt Lake City, Utah. Currently, he is working as a volunteer with homeless shelters and provides hearing aids at a reduced rate to the local homeless population.
Otolaryngologists, like Dr. Sonkens, are physicians trained in the medical and surgical management and treatment of patients with diseases and disorders of the ear, nose, throat (ENT), and related structures of the head and neck. Dr. Sonkens is very passionate about his work, attributing his success to the help and guidance from his mentors, the support of his wife of 50 years and his faith in God. In his spare time, he enjoys photography, teaching and mentoring medical students, as well as volunteering from the Boy Scouts of America.
- What Are the Risks of Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)One of the most carried out cosmetic surgery today is blepharoplasty. Sometimes, it is also performed for medical reasons. If your field of vision is blocked due to a sagging eyelid skin, then you might need an eyelid surgery. The primary goal of the surgery is to...
- Recovery from Blepharoplasty
Eyelid incisions normally take 5 to 7 days to heal and become ready for the removal of sutures. The patient can start doing usual activities again within 7 to 10 days and wear contact lenses within 14 days.Redness and bruising around the eyes can be concealed with cosmetics. It is important for...
- What is a Migraine with Aura?
A migraine is one of the most severe headaches, and the pain often affects an individual's daily activities. A migraine headache is broadly classified into migraine without aura and migraine with aura. Migraine with aura is a less common type of headache when compared to the other migraine. Aura is...
- What to Avoid If You Have Vertigo
Vertigo is a symptom of many diseases. It is a condition where a person feels as though he or she is spinning or their surrounding is spinning. Vertigo occurs as a result of disorders in the inner ear. The causes of vertigo may be divided into peripheral and central problems.Peripheral disorders...
- Is Tonsillitis Contagious?
What is tonsillitis?Tonsils are two glands located at the back of the throat and can be seen through the mouth. These glands help prevent infections from developing in the body. Tonsillitis happens when the tonsils become inflamed or infected by viruses or bacteria. Tonsillitis is a common...
- Pregnancy Symptoms
Symptoms of pregnancy vary from one woman to another and also from one pregnancy to another. One of the most common and important symptom of pregnancy is a delayed or missed period. However, some of the early symptoms of pregnancy are similar to those of menstruation, and hence are often ignored or...
- Dr. Charles M Ruhl MD118 Dudley St Providence RI 02905
- Dr. Robert G Mcrae MD118 Dudley St Providence RI 02905
- Dr. Paul C Christu MD845 N Main St Providence RI 02904
- Dr. Frederick Augustus Godley M.D.845 N Main St Providence RI 02904
- Dr. Charles Sidney Faber D.O.3520 Post Rd Warwick RI 02886
- Dr. Brian E Duff MD130 Waterman St Providence RI 02906